25: Where The Times Gone

2009

The plane landed safely on the ground Elijah and his son walked off the plane. Anthony was there waiting for them and smiled when he sees them. The two old best friends hugged each other, and Anthony looked smiled down at the little boy standing next to Elijah.

"You must be Luke?"

Luke nods, "I'm six!" He said holding up six fingers grinning showing his missing tooth. 

Anthony smiled looking back at Elijah, "Jaziel and Christian will love to meet him." 

"Sure, but first we need to unpack out things."

"Follow me." Anthony said making a silly face causing Luke to laugh and Elijah rolled his eyes at his best friend, but he appreciates him making his son comfortable. Anthony has always been good with kids even if it might not look like it, Elijah paid attention to how Anthony was around his sister and other random kids.

Anthony drops the father and son off at their house and said, "We'll talk later." And drove away. The house was nicely furnished, the two unpacked their things and when they were done Luke wanted to go out and explore.

Elijah is a game developer, and his stuff will be here in a month. The father and son came across a playground, "Stay in the line of my eyesight, okay?" 

Luke nodded and his head and watched his father sit at a bench before running to the swings.

Thirty minutes passed, Elijah is sitting on the bench looking back and forth from his phone to his son. He felt another presence sit next to him but didn't look to see who it is. Elijah is wearing sunglasses he lifts his eyes up at the person. When he realized who the person is his eyes widened in surprise.

"Marcellus?" Marcellus slowly turned to him and gave him such a big smile that Elijah hasn't seen in a real long. "Hi, Elijah long time no see."

Elijah snatches his sunglasses off, "H-how did you know it was me?"

Marcellus tilts his head giving him a 'Really?' look. "Just because you where sunglasses don't mean you're unrecognizable. Also, you're one of my best friends, did you think I wouldn't know it was you?" Elijah laughed and shook his head.

"It's really nice to see you again, man." Elijah said giving his old pal a handshake. Marcellus chuckled but a frown slowly made its way onto his face. Elijah eyebrows furrowed, "You good?" He asked in a confused tone.

"Yeah, Ethan popped into my mind. Have you talked to him by any chance?" Marcellus looked at him with hope in his eyes but frowned when Elijah shook his head.

"No, sorry Marcel."

"It's okay, I've been thinking about him a lot lately. I understand we have our own lives to live and everything, but it would be nice to send a letter or call to at least let us know where he is." 

"I missed him too, buddy." Elijah patted his shoulder. "That's one of the reasons why I moved here, to be closer to you all." Marcellus smiled at him and the two watched as the kids played on the playground together.

"Is that little boy playing with my son and his friend your son?" Marcellus asked.

"Yes, he's a very happy kid."

"How old is he?"

"He turned six years old two weeks ago."

Jaziel runs up to Marcellus, "Dad can go get ice cream? I'll pay!"

Marcellus laughed, "With what money?"

Jaziel takes out twenty dollars from his pocket, "You gave me this from doing my chores at home for a week!"