11: Ethan's Call

2000

The Richmon Residence

Ethan's laying in his bed his mother came in and opened up the curtains letting the sunshine light the bedroom. Ethan groaned pulling the covers over his head, "Mom! What are you doing?" He whined.

"What am I doing? Better question is what is my son doing still in bed?" She went to pull the cover off of him, but he fought her on it. "No! I'm tired." He groaned. Her face turned red, and she put her hands on her hips. "Boy, if you don't get up right now and wash up, I'm gonna tell your father you have been acting up lately when he comes home."

Ethan quickly sat up from his bed staring at the mad woman in front of him. "Wait... dad's coming home?" He asked a hint of hope is evident in his voice. "Yes, and he wouldn't approve of this attitude you are giving me." 

"What attitude?" He asked with attitude, and she gave him a look and he paused and slowly nodded. "I'm sorry mom." 

"You're forgiving, now get up and get dressed." She urged him and left the room.

He stayed there for a while and thought to himself.

'Why am I acting this way? Being disrespectful to my mother I was never like this in my childhood. These past years have been rough especially after dad decided to travel around the world. I'm grateful to have such good friends, especially Marcel he has helped a lot and was my first friend then he introduced me to Zack and three of us later met Anthony and Elijah.'

Ethan pulled off the covers and got out of bed, the first thing he did was make his bed, then he picked his clothes out and walked to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

After he was finished he went to his room and called the first person on his contacts. 

Marcel

Clicking on the contact he put the phone to his ear as it ranged.

"Hello" He heard the cheery voice the other end.

"Hey Marcel."

"Ethan what's up?"

"Nothing much, except for the fact that my dad is coming home." 

"That's awesome, Ethan... but why don't you sound excited?"

"I am, it's just I've been really tired lately and haven't been getting enough sleep."

"Ethan."  Marcellus said in a serious tone. "I thought we talked about this before?"

Ethan chuckled, "Marcellus, I must say that you my friend have a very good memory." Marcellus laughed. "My friend, you are my friend. Why wouldn't remember that question we had years ago?" The sixteen-year-old asked.

"I don't know, you seem to have a pretty busy life and now it's even more busy." He laughed and shrugged even though no was there to see him. "Ethan, I'm never too busy to remember something important."  

"Yeah... I know." Ethan sighed glancing down at the floor and then glanced around his bedroom. 'Man, I need to clean this place, but I have been saying that for three years now.'

Marcellus frowned when the phone went silent and looked over at Francesca. 

"Hello? Ethan, you there?" He asked worried. Still silence, "Ethan!"

"I'm here, sorry."

"Don't be, um are you okay? You seem..."

"Weird?"

"I don't know." 

"Oh, well I feel weird. Hey, Marcel, it was nice talking to you I have go. Mom's calling me and tell Franny I said hi."