Chapter 10: Promise

It's been a few weeks since you went for a phone checkup but ended up with a long gaming session with the gamer girl. Across the week, you'd head over to her room and started playing games together, sometimes even pulling all-nighters to achieve victory in a game. She would introduce a whole plethora of games to you: Yourcraft, Council of Legends, PUBJ, Between us and many more. There were Stellaron Hunter missions in between those gaming sessions, but once you got back from the mission, you'd immediately head over to her room and continued gaming. It even got to the point where Silver Wolf got you your own pc setup next to her large desk. It was just a single monitor, a standard keyboard, mouse and pc, but it was a pc with high specs, and you have fun on it every day with her. One day, she introduced a game that even she hasn't played before.

"Brutal Company?"

"Yes. I already downloaded it on your pc. Boot it up, we're going in."

Both of you played the game, collecting scraps to fill in your quota as you explore an abandoned factory in a desolate planet. As you were playing, you question filled your mind.

"So how come you've never played this game before?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well... I always had this thought that you're this gaming god and played every single game known to man."

Silver Wolf let out a smug grin. "Correct, my little apprentice. Yours truly IS, in fact, a gaming goddess, and I've played, and won, every single game that exists in this cosmos."

Then, her smug face turned back into a deadpan face.

"...except for the multiplayer ones."

It was then you realized just how lonely it must have been, having such a delicate hobby but nobody around to share it. I mean, could you picture Silver Wolf talking about Between Us with Kafka? Or Blade?? Or Sam???? Then, you finally decided.

"Well, can't call yourself a gaming goddess if you've haven't played every single game in this universe then, can you?"

Silver Wolf turned her head to your direction with what can be explained as hope in her eyes. You also turned to her and gave her a reassuring speech.

"Then let's get to it then! We'll crush all those multiplayer games like they're nothing!"

You gave out a cheeky smile to Silver Wolf and gave her a thumbs up. She couldn't help but stare at you. It's almost as if her prayers had been answered. Then, your in-game character got murdered by a monster.

"AAAAAAA NONoNonnononnnOoNn I'm dead!!" you started fake sobbing and placed your head on the table.

Silver Wolf broke out of her trance and let out a giggle. She looked back at her monitor.

"Yeah, let's do it."

You looked towards her direction, and can't help but let out a smile yourself.