Chapter 56: Initiation

You and Silvie were both sitting on one of the sofas in the main hall of the Astral Express, while the rest of the crew members were surrounding themselves in a circle on the other side of the room, discussing about something. As soon as the Stellaron on Punklorde was destroyed, you and your friends were beamed back to the Astral Express, and a meeting was held to determine if they should trust Silver Wolf and if she could join the Astral Express. Although everybody was back, Pom-Pom couldn't be found in the main hall and was most likely off doing something else on the train, but there wasn't much time to think about where they were for now, as there were more important things left to do.

At first, you, March, Dan Heng, Himeko and Welt were standing in a circle, discussing about Silvie's situation while Silvie stood by the other side of the room, playing some games on her phone and chewing on some gum in the meantime. Everyone tried to get their points across to everyone else, with you giving your entire life story in the process, telling them about your days with Silvie back as a Stellaron Hunter. After that, Himeko said that they would take your account into consideration, and told you to go sit with Silvie as the rest of the Astral Express crew further discussed among themselves. As for the votings, they would consider you as the positive vote towards whatever topic they were discussing, so as long as half of them voted for the positive side of whatever they're discussing, it would be considered as a win.

So, as you waited patiently for their discussion and votes, hoping it would lead to a positive result while Silvie played some games beside you, the Astral Express crew walked up to you and Silvie to deliver their verdict. As you saw them walking over, you slightly nudged Silvie's arm with your elbow and stood up from the sofa, and Silvie followed along after she turned off her games. Then, Himeko started to explain their verdict.

"The Astral Express has concluded their verdict on the discussion of the individual promptly known as 'Silver Wolf'.

After taking the account of one of our members' experiences with said individual, we have all unanimously voted on two cases regarding said individual.

Case number one: The case of which Silver Wolf could be considered as a trusted individual to the Nameless. 

The Astral Express has voted..."

You looked at Himeko with hopeful eyes.

"...Aye."

You let out a sigh of relief with a smile on your face. Silvie stood beside you, nodding her head a little.

"Case number two: The case of which Silver Wolf is allowed to join the Astral Express on the path of the Nameless..."

You looked at Himeko with hopeful eyes again. Then, Himeko let out a smile.

"...And we all agreed."

You were now ecstatic. You were frantically bowing your head to everyone, thanking them for their willingness to accept Silvie as a part of the Astral Express. Then, Himeko started to speak again while looking at Silvie.

"That is, if the individual in question does have the desire to join the Astral Express. So what will it be, Ms. Silver Wolf? Do you accept our invitation?"

You looked at Silvie, and although you knew what her answer was going to be deep down inside, you held hope in your heart that she would accept. All the other Astral Express crew members were all looking at her as well, waiting for her answer. Then, Silvie let out a smug smile while shrugging her shoulders.

"Hmmmm... Sure, why not? Can't be worse than the Stellaron Hunters, I guess."

You were now celebrating while shaking Silvie's body left and right in excitement. You also hugged her from the side and cried happy tears in a comedic way. Silvie then patted you on the back with her hands. Himeko and a couple of other Astral Express members let out a smile, and Himeko continued.

"Then it's official. Welcome aboard the Astral Express, Silver Wolf."

Then, Pom-Pom suddenly burst through the door to the main hall.

"Heeeeyy, what's this talk about a new member without the conductor around?!" Pom-Pom was acting furious, but everyone else just giggling at them as if it's their usual shenanigans. Then, Pom-Pom walked towards Silvie's feet and looked up at her.

"Hmph! They may have accepted you as the newest member, but you'll still need to go through the permission of the conductor first, you know!"

Silvie just stared at the adorable bunny-like creature on her feet, and muttered something underneath her breath.

"...cute..."

Then, she bended her knees and hugged Pom-Pom, snuggling them in the process. Pom-Pom's cheeks got beet red and was trying to push Silvie away, but everyone could see that Pom-Pom was actually enjoying it.

"H-Hey! S-S-Stop it! Y-You don't g-get to touch your c-c-conductor like this!!" Everyone had a good laugh after that. After a while, Silvie let Pom-Pom go.

"G-Gosh, I'll let you on the Astral Express, but you'll still have to do better to get me to like you!" Pom-Pom said with a shy tone. Silvie smiled at them.

"On a side note, where were you, Pom-Pom? I honestly thought you'd be here to greet us when we got back." March said while crossing her arms.

"Forgive me, dear crew member March, I was so busy moving some of the stuff that came in the mail that I couldn't even hear you guys coming back..." Pom-Pom said as he wiped some leftover sweat under his ears.

"Hmm... Did anyone ordered anything online?" Dan Heng asked the crew members. Everyone shook their heads. Then, they went over to see what the items were.

Pom-Pom brought everyone over to see the items that were sent in through the Astral Mail, and all of the items were brought into a spare room in the Astral Express for safekeeping for now. The stuff that came in the mail were multiple cardboard boxes, and inside the boxes were filled with figurines, posters, and what seems to be multiple monitors with a huge CPU. It looks like Silvie's items in the Stellaron Hunter's spaceship were shipped to the Astral Express in advance. You and Silvie looked at the pile of boxes, then looked at each other and chuckled.