Chapter 40: Triggered

In the Stellaron Hunter's spaceship, all of the Stellaron Hunters were gathered at the meeting room. A new script has been released by their leader, and the members were all reviewing the script to understand their next role in the grand scheme of destiny. Everyone, except for Silver Wolf. She indeed was at the meeting room, only that she wasn't looking at her script, but her phone.

As discussions were made between Kafka, Blade, and Sam, Silver Wolf was looking at a livestream on a ghost hunting website. Even though she hasn't been visiting you on the Astral Express after the Aetherium Wars, partially due to you not being on the Astral Express, Silver Wolf was still up-to-date with what you were doing. Apparently, you've been roped into some kind of ghost hunting adventure with your friends on the Luofu, and you've been hunting the "ghosts" for a couple of weeks, with a new discovery or ghost story posted on the website weekly.

Today's livestream was a bit different though, as you were in the camera, front and center, in comparison with the regular livestreams where you worked off-camera, keeping your friends safe. It seems like it was a Q&A with the ghost hunting crew's secret protector, which was you.

A lot of questions were thrown at you, and you answered them in honesty, as Silver Wolf was watching intently from her phone. Then, a question came where one internet user asked you if you were single, and said that you were quite hot. You rubbed your head and smiled awkwardly and was about to answer, but Silver Wolf closed her phone before she heard what you had to say.

It was when Silver Wolf closed her phone that she realized Kafka had been calling for her all this time, and Blade and Sam were also looking towards Silver Wolf's direction.

"...Wolfie? Is everything clear?"

Silver Wolf picked the clipped papers which were the newest script, and flipped through some of the pages.

"Yeah, yeah. Just tell me where, when, and what to hack and-"

However, before she could finish her sentence, she saw something that made her widen her eyes. It seemed like what she saw made her feel a sense of unease and urgency, so she immediately picked up her jacket she hung on her chair, and sprinted out of the meeting room.

Kafka sighed, but her tone was quite somber.

"...It's like I said, Elio..."

 On the table where Silver Wolf's seat was, her script was still opened on the page that Silver Wolf was reading at. A specific line on the pages read: "...and he will meet Firefly, a stowaway girl, and a special bond shall form between them, one that only the two of them share." Kafka looked at the opened pages.

"...It's going to be... quite the hassle."

It was a quiet night on the Luofu. For the past couple of weeks, whenever there has been a potential Heliobi activity, you and your ghost hunting friends have been staying awake all night trying to catch them before they could do more harm. However, you could still sleep normally and soundly on the days in the bedrooms provided on the Luofu, where there weren't any Heliobi sightings reported, and this was one of those days. As such, you've been snoozing away for the night, where the only way you'd wake up was if someone forcefully made you to do so...

Which was exactly what happened. You felt like someone was shaking your entire body, desperately trying to apply consciousness to your sleeping body. Then, after a while, you sat straight on your bed and rubbed your eyes.

"*Yawn* G... Guinaifen? I... Is there another..." 

However, as your eyesight got clearer, you noticed that the girl that woke you up didn't have orange hair, or brown hair, or green hair. In fact, her hair was silver, and she was looking at you, still waiting for you to properly wake up.

"...Hellooo~ Are you awake now, bozo?" the silver haired girl asked, waving her hands across your face.

After hearing her voice a lot more clearer now, you recognized who it was. You were surprised, but you were still pretty tired to give out a proper surprised reaction.

"S...Silver Wolf...?? Why are you... on the Luofu?" By the time you finished asking that question, you've already woken up about 90%.

"No time to explain, just get dressed and follow me." Silver Wolf ushered.

"Wh- huh?" You were confused, as anyone would.

"Just do it! Hurry!!" Silver Wolf shouted silently, not wanting to wake up your friends in the other rooms.

You, startled by her silent screams, immediately stood up and went for the nearest outdoor clothes you could find.

"Alright, alright, jeez. Why the rush, though?"