Chapter 13: Explanation: NULL

You find yourself waking up to the sound of a beeping heart monitor again. Bright lights shone through your eyelids, rendering you unable to open your eyes. In the distance, you could hear what seems to be two people having an argument. One person was shouting at the other, while the other person responded to the screams in a more calming manner. After a while, it seems like the one shouting stormed off, and everything went silent again. You went back to sleep immediately after. Seems like your body still needs time to heal.

For God knows how long, you were woken up again, this time by your own volition. You see a woman sitting next to you, and she seems to be looking at you with a smile. You tried to get up from the bed, with your body hurting a bit every time you moved, but not so much that you can't move at all. Bandages were wrapped around your body, and you can't help but get a strange sense of Deja vu.

"Kafka... What happened?"

You tried to recollect your thoughts.

"We were fighting... against the mob... and then we had a stand still, but..."

Kafka did nothing but kept smiling at you the entire time. You tried to remember what happened after that, but it all seemed to be blank.

But then, you remembered being on the ground, batted and bruised to the point of death. Your eyes were barely open, but you could see a person with silver hair and a black and blue jacket sprinting towards your direction. They leaned down on your body, and tried giving you some first aid. Then, as you were about to pass out, they held your head up and tried to stop you from passing out. Then, behind her, a taller woman with red hair, black skirt and white shirt showed up, walking slowly towards you. After that, everything went to black.

"Silver Wolf... she was there... she... she saved me."

You looked at Kafka, hoping she would give you any explanation or any reaction at all. Yet, the cold red-haired woman just keeps looking at you with the same smile.

"So... did we do it? Was the mission... a success?"

"Yes dear. You wouldn't have waken up from my spirit whisper if we didn't."

You leaned back onto the bedframe.

"Oh... that's good."

"I'm just glad that you're okay. Takes a tough boy to take on so many men at the same time. Even when they're affected by my spirit whisper, that is," Kafka said as she got up from her chair and starts walking towards the exit of the med bay.

"Where's Silver Wolf? Is she alright?"

When Kafka reached the door of the exit, she turns to you before answering your question.

"Go look for yourself, dear."