XL- regret

Aaron had never imagined that killing someone would be so messy.

In fact he hadn't ever thought about what killing someone would be like in the first place. And he had never imagined that blood would be such a pain in the ass to clean. Simon's corpse laid pale and rigid on the floor, surrounded by a pool of crimson fluid that only seemed to further expand every time Adam and Aaron tried to mop it away.

Fuck, it stunk, like nothing Aaron had ever smelled in his entire life. His father's drunken breath was child's play compared to the metallic rotten smell of death. A putrid scent that made his eyes water and had vomit crawling up the back of his throat every time he took a whiff of it, one that clung to the walls of the room in spite of the wide open windows.

And unfortunately for Aaron, it didn't look like he'd be getting away from the scene any time soon.

Aaron didn't know how long they'd been there, silently squatting and soaking up the blood. He had carried (Y/n) upstairs when she'd fainted and laid her down in her bed. Reluctantly, he had tied her wrists back to the bed spots. He hated doing this, but after she had tried to escape earlier during the day, he knew he couldn't be so careless as he had been this morning.

Aaron's heart twisted painfully in his chest, bile rising up his throat as her words rang in his head.

'He raped me!' Aaron swallowed thickly, tightening his grip on the rag he'd been using to clean Simon's blood. The blood of (Y/n)'s rapist.

The idea of another man's hands on (Y/n) was enough to stir something dark and possessive inside of Aaron. But the fact another man had done it without her consent? It made Aaron see red. Every fibre of his being wide awake with white hot anger.

Maybe that was why he didn't find himself caring that much about what Adam had done. If it had been anyone else, maybe Aaron would have had more of a moral dilemma, Simon though? Death seemed too sweet of a punishment for what he'd done to (Y/n). For what he had put her through and what kind of a man he had been.

No, if anything Aaron found himself wishing they'd kept him alive a bit longer, if only to torture Simon until he begged them for the sweet relief of death himself.

"I shouldn't have killed him." Adam groaned under his breath, brows furrowed in a scowl as he kicked at Simon's body. "He deserved far worse for what he did to-"

Aaron turned to him, jaw tight. He swallowed the lump in his throat and looked back down.

Adam couldn't finish his sentence. Because putting things into words would be acknowledging what this dirtbag had done to his sweet darling, and Adam simply couldn't stomach it. He couldn't stomach the fact someone had taken advantage of her like this. Couldn't stomach the fact he hadn't been there to protect her and bash Simon's face earlier.

Regret pulled at his heartstring as he gazed down at Simon's empty glassy eyes.

This fucker was lucky Adam's emotions had gotten the better of him, he was lucky Adam had killed him on impulse. This had saved him from a world of pain. But alas what was done was done, and Adam would probably spend the rest of his life fantasising about what he could have done to Simon.

More importantly, (Y/n) hadn't looked too pleased with his surprise, which struck Adam as odd. He had expected for her to be thankful that he had brought this scum to her for punishment. And wasn't killing the person who had hurt her the most outstanding proof of his love for her? There isn't any other person on this Earth Adam would kill for. He wasn't a psycho after all.

The only reason Adam had done this in the first place was to show (Y/n) how much he loved her and how intent he was on keeping her safe.

So why had she looked so... scared? Of him at that.