Chapter 7 | Unraveling Mysteries

As Ashley's voice pierced through the quiet of the room, it was as if a spotlight had been cast upon her, drawing the attention of every member of the Cullen family. Rosalie, who had been wearing a scowl moments before, now appeared intrigued, her eyes fixed intently on Ashley as she spoke. Carlisle, ever the epitome of composure, leaned forward with a gentle expression of curiosity.

"What do you mean, Ashley?" Carlisle inquired, his tone inviting further explanation.

Ashley took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts before she began to speak. "It's... strange," she admitted, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "I don't fully understand it myself."

A look of confusion passed over the faces of the Cullens, their curiosity piqued by Ashley's cryptic words. Sensing their confusion, Carlisle encouraged her to continue.

"When I first saw you in the hospital, Carlisle," Ashley began, her voice steady, "I knew... I just knew that you were a vampire."

Her words hung in the air, eliciting surprised murmurs from the Cullens as they exchanged puzzled glances. Rosalie's expression softened, her interest piqued by Ashley's revelation.

"I couldn't explain it," Ashley continued, her gaze shifting to Carlisle. "I didn't have to feel how cold your skin was or anything like that. I just... knew."

Carlisle's brow furrowed in thought as he absorbed Ashley's words, pondering the implications of her unique insight. Before he could respond, Ashley continued, her voice gaining momentum.

"But that's not all," she said, her tone growing more determined. "The gifts of vampires don't seem to work on me."

A ripple of astonishment passed through the room as the Cullens processed Ashley's revelation. Alice, who had been listening intently, cast a curious glance in Ashley's direction.

"When Alice was using her gift to look into the future," Ashley continued, her gaze shifting to Alice, "I could sense it. But it didn't affect me."

Alice's eyes widened in surprise, her expression mirroring the astonishment of her family members. Edward, usually composed, looked visibly shocked by Ashley's words.

"How did you know I was using my gift?" Edward asked, his voice tinged with disbelief.

Ashley met Edward's gaze evenly, her expression calm and collected. "When you use your gift, a forest green aura appears around you," she explained. "And Alice's aura is a fluorescent purple."

Emmet let out an impressed whistle, his eyes sparkling with admiration. "That's pretty cool," he remarked, his enthusiasm infectious.

Bella, always quick to find the positive side, chimed in with a smile. "It's like having a superpower," she observed.

Emmet nodded enthusiastically in agreement, his grin widening at the prospect. The tension that had lingered moments before seemed to evaporate, replaced by a sense of wonder and camaraderie.

Carlisle regarded Ashley with a mixture of respect and curiosity, his mind already racing with possibilities. "Thank you for sharing, Ashley," he said, his voice filled with sincerity. "Your abilities are truly remarkable."

As the evening unfolded, the Cullens and Ashley continued to share stories and laughter, their newfound bond strengthened by Ashley's revelation. For Ashley, it was a night of discovery—a night that marked the beginning of a new chapter filled with mystery, friendship, and the promise of adventure.