Chapter 27 | Did You just Call me Mom?

As Carlisle cradled Ashley in his arms, she felt an overwhelming sense of relief wash over her. In his embrace, she felt safe and secure, shielded from the chaos and danger that had threatened to engulf them moments before. With her head nestled against Carlisle's chest, Ashley allowed herself to relax, her tense muscles finally releasing the tension that had gripped her throughout the ordeal.

As they emerged from the rubble and back onto the road, Ashley's eyes met the concerned gazes of the Cullen family, who had gathered anxiously to await her return. Among them, Jasper's question stood out, his worry evident in his voice as he sought reassurance about Ashley's well-being.

"Carlisle?" Jasper's voice wavered with uncertainty as he addressed his father figure.

Carlisle's gaze softened as he met Jasper's eyes, his expression conveying a silent understanding of the younger vampire's concerns.

"Is Mom okay? Uh... I mean Ashley," Jasper's words stumbled over his own emotions, revealing the depth of his attachment to Ashley.

Ashley felt a surge of warmth flood her heart at Jasper's slip of the tongue. Despite the chaos and danger they had just faced, hearing Jasper refer to her as "mom" filled her with an indescribable sense of joy and belonging.

Summoning her strength, Ashley spoke, her voice soft but filled with affection as she addressed Jasper directly.

"Jasper?" Her voice was barely above a whisper, but the tenderness in her tone was unmistakable.

Jasper's eyes widened in surprise as he met Ashley's gaze, waiting anxiously for her response.

"Did you just call me mom?" Ashley's question hung in the air, her heart pounding with anticipation.

Emmett, always quick to interject, confirmed Jasper's slip with a hearty affirmation. A smile tugged at Ashley's lips as she reached out to Jasper, her hand extended in a silent invitation.

Without hesitation, Jasper crossed the distance between them, enveloping Ashley in a warm embrace. In that moment, all doubts and fears melted away, replaced by a sense of familial love and acceptance that bound them together as more than just members of the same coven.

As Ashley pressed a gentle kiss to the top of Jasper's head, she knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them as a family, united by love and strengthened by their unwavering bond. And in that realization, Ashley found solace and comfort, knowing that she was exactly where she belonged.