Chapter 17 | Like it is my First Language

Latine loqui possum - I can speak Latin

It had been a week since Alice and Jasper had treated Ashley to their homemade pancakes, a simple gesture of kindness that had filled her heart with warmth and gratitude. Now, as Ashley sat on her couch, the memory of that delightful morning still lingered in her mind, bringing a smile to her lips.

Feeling a sudden urge to reconnect with her mother's book, Ashley reached for the worn leather cover, her fingers tracing the familiar patterns etched into its surface. With a sense of anticipation, she flipped through the pages, her eyes scanning the intricate Latin script that filled the ancient tome.

To her shock and amazement, Ashley found that she understood every single word written in the book. It was as if a veil had been lifted, revealing a hidden knowledge that lay dormant within her. She could read the text effortlessly, as if it were written in her native language.

Excitement coursing through her veins, Ashley wasted no time in reaching out to Carlisle, her fingers flying across the screen of her phone as she composed a message. Within moments, there was a knock at the door, and Carlisle stood before her, his expression a mixture of curiosity and concern.

"What happened?" Carlisle asked, his brow furrowing in confusion.

"Latine loqui possum," Ashley replied, her voice filled with wonder and excitement.

Carlisle's shock quickly gave way to pride as he realized the significance of Ashley's words. "Congratulations! I feel so happy for you!" he exclaimed, his eyes shining with pride.

"I am so freaking happy!" Ashley exclaimed, unable to contain her joy. "I just went to look through my mother's book, and I understood every single word. It was like I was reading an English book!"

In a burst of elation, Ashley leaped into Carlisle's arms, her heart overflowing with love and gratitude. As they shared a tender kiss, Ashley knew that this moment marked the beginning of a new chapter in her life, filled with endless possibilities and newfound discoveries. And with Carlisle by her side, she knew that she could face whatever challenges lay ahead with courage and determination.

🌺🌼🌺🌼

What secrets will Ashley find?
Will Ashley discover the truth about her parents? 
If Ashley does discover the truth, will she want to forget what she found out?