Chapter 25 | Earthquake

Amidst the hustle and bustle of the hospital, Ashley and Carlisle went about their routine tasks, attending to patients and managing their respective duties. It seemed like just another ordinary day, until the unexpected chaos unfolded.

Screams pierced through the air, followed by the blaring of alarms, signaling imminent danger. Ashley's heart raced as she looked out into the hallway, seeking answers amidst the confusion.

"What's happening?" she asked a nearby coworker, her voice tinged with concern.

"It's an earthquake!" came the frantic reply.

Without hesitation, Ashley sprang into action, her instincts kicking in as she rushed to aid her coworkers and patients. She moved swiftly through the hospital, assisting as many people as she could to safety, her determination unwavering in the face of adversity.

As the chaos unfolded around her, Ashley's attention was drawn to a desperate cry echoing from the top floor. A woman, who had given birth just the day before, pleaded for help, her frantic sobs ringing through the air.

Without a moment's hesitation, Ashley made a split-second decision. Ignoring the protests of her coworkers and even the faint shouts of Carlisle urging her to return, she sprinted back into the hospital, her sole focus on rescuing the helpless infant.

As cracks snaked their way through the walls and dust filled the air, Ashley's heart pounded with adrenaline as she raced against time. With each step, she could feel the building tremble beneath her feet, threatening to crumble at any moment.

Finally, Ashley reached the third floor, the source of the desperate cries for help. Amidst the chaos and debris, she spotted the newborn baby, lying helpless and vulnerable amidst the turmoil.

Without a moment to spare, Ashley scooped the infant into her arms, cradling the precious life against her chest. With determination fueling her every movement, she scanned the room for a safe haven amidst the chaos.

Spotting a sturdy desk nearby, Ashley made a split-second decision. With the building shaking violently around her, she hurriedly crawled under the desk, pulling the baby close to her chest as she sought refuge from the impending collapse.

As dust and debris rained down around her, Ashley held the baby tightly, her heart racing with fear and uncertainty. In the darkness beneath the desk, she prayed for safety, her thoughts consumed by the weight of the moment.

With a deafening roar, the building finally gave way, walls crumbling and floors collapsing in a cascade of destruction. In the midst of the chaos, Ashley held onto the tiny life in her arms, shielding the infant from harm as the world around them fell apart.

🌺🌼🌺🌼

Will Ashley survive?
What will Carlisle do if no one can find Ashley?