CHAPTER 8

Time skips to night:

Right now Veer was trying to feed her porridge but Naira was denying to have it.He was trying to feed her from the past ten minutes but she was as  always being a stubborn head.

Naira:bhaiya I don't wanna have it please

Veer: Naira baby please you need it.You have to eat it.

Naira:But I don't like porridge.It tastes so yucky.

Veer:But it is really nice.Okay you don't have to eat much but atleast eat a little.

Naira:Bhaiya please na.I don't want it.

Veer:Naira I have also put your favourite strawberries in here.It will taste good.Just eat a little baby please.

But Naira covered her face with her both hands.Veer sighed.Shalini who was sitting on the couch in the room seeing all this, went and sat beside Naira on her bed.

Shalini:Baby you are very weak right now and you need energy so eat this baby.

But Naira again whined and shooked her head.Shalini looked at Veer who looked very angry now.

Veer: ENOUGH NOW NAIRA!!!Naira flinched at his shout.I am hearing your tantrums for so long.I am behaving soft with you that's why you are taking advantage huh?

Shalini:Veer calm down.

No shalini I am trying to handle her calmly for so long but she is not at all listening to me,Veer said angrily meanwhile Naira looked down.

Shalini:Okay now stop.You have scold her enough.She is already sick and on top of that you are scolding her.

Veer sighed heavily but he didn't said anything.Shalini took the bowl from his hands.

Shalini:Naira baby you are my good girl right?If I feed you with my hands you will have it right?It is really important for bub.

Naira nodded silently.Shalini smiled and started to feed her lovingly.

Like this Shalini fed her and soon finished her whole meal.Veer was just sitting on the stool beside her.He was not saying anything.Shalini took the glass from the side table and helped her to drink it.She kept the kept on the table as well.

Shalini:See Naira has finished her whole meal.You were scolding her for nothing.She is such a good girl right Naira?she said and side hugged Naira who smiled slightly.

Naira looked at Veer and slowly took his hands in hers and said,Bhaiya are you angry? Sorry,Naira said softly with a cute pout in her face.

Veer smiled softly looking at her.He then went closer and hugged her softly.Naira also hugged him back tightly snuggling to his chest.Sorry bhaiya,Naira mumbled while still hugging him tightly.Shh it's fine
Bhaiya is not angry baby.

Veer hugged her for a while and after sometime he pulled out from the hug and cupped Naira's face with his hands.Naira bachha Bhaiya is just worried for your health that's why he shouted at you.Bhaiya is also sorry okay for shouting at you.But you promise me that from the next time you will have your meals properly and not show any tantrums.

Naira:Yea bhaiya I promise,she said and nodded her head slightly.

Veer smiled and again hugged her.Naira put her head on his chest and hugged him tightly.Shalini also patted her back.

Time skips

It is around 2am right now.Veer had given Naira her medicines and injections.Although she cried a lot and showed a lot of tantrums but Veer was able to give her with the help of his friends.As she was exhausted from all the cryings she slept quickly.Veer didn't wanted to leave her alone so he managed to sleep on the couch today.

His peaceful sleep however got disturbed when he heard some noises.He was a light sleeper so he woke up easily.Veer went towards Naira's bed and saw that she was sweating and mumbling something.Veer immediately realised she was having a nightmare.He quickly tried to wake her up.

Veer:Naira baby wake up,come on

Veer rubbed her hands.Shh it is just a dream come on.Bhaiya is right here baby.Wake up

Suddenly Naira woke up with jerk and when she saw Veer she immediately sat up and hugged tightly.She started to cry hardly.

Bh-ha-i I-I wa-s ,Naira was trying to speak but she couldn't.She was crying hardly.

Shh calm down, nothing will happen.Take deep breaths.Bhaiya is right here,Veer tried to calm her down but it was not working.He also realised that she was breathing heavily.

He pulled out of the hug and took Naira's hand on his chest.Naira nothing will happen.Calm down.Breath with me okay?In and... out,yes again in and...out,good baby,Like this Veer tried to calm her breathing.
Naira was a little stable now and she has also stop crying.Only little sobs were coming out from her mouth.

When Veer realised she is fine now he hugged her softly.Naira also hugged him back.They stayed like that for sometime.

Veer saw that it was very late and Naira have to sleep now but he knew that she will not sleep alone so he picked her up carefully in his arms.Naira didn't said anything but she put her head on his shoulder.

He started to roam around in the room with Naira in his arms.He was humming a soft lullaby while walking back and forth.He was also rubbing her back softly and sometimes kissing her head to calm her.Naira felt safe in her Bhaiya's arms.She smiled feeling his love and care for her.Soon Naira slept peacefully.

Veer carefully put her on her bed.He didn't slept in the couch again because he was afraid what if Naira wakes up again so he instead took the chair and slept while keeping his head on the bed.The position was slightly uncomfortable but he didn't mind.

Hey guys that's it  for today!!!
I hope you liked this chapter
If you did then please don't forget to vote
Also please comment
I would love to read them
Byeee