Chapter 11

Next day
At the hospital

Veer after dropping Naira to the school came to the hospital directly because he had a lot of work today.From the time he had came to the hospital he had not taken a single breath.He was continuously seeing patients for the last two hours.Right now Veer was attending another patient.

But doctor the pain is not decreasing,the patient  said.

I have prescribed you some new medicines.You have to take them before eating and if after that also you don't feel good then we will have to do some new tests,Veer said.

Okay doctor,the patient said.

Veer noticed that the patient looked a little tensed so he said,Don't worry.The new medicines which I have given you,I am pretty sure you will be fine with that only.Just take them on time and also eat properly then I can assure you that your health will be fine.

Okay doctor thank you.I take my  leave now,the patient said smiling a little now.She indeed felt a little relief now by hearing his assuring so after bidding him she left.

As soon as the patient left Veer leaned back on his chair and stretched his arms.

Just then he heard a knock.He clenched his eyes and cursed under his breath.

The door then again knocked and,Doctor Veer it's me,Nurse Amaya.Can I come in?

Veer breathed a sigh of relief and said yes.She came inside and said,Doctor Veer you are working continuously.You should take some rest and also Dr Karan is calling you in the cafeteria for your breakfast.

After hearing her,Veer mumbled,How did that idiot knew that I didn't had breakfast in the morning?

Dr Veer where are you lost?the nurse asked confused.

Umm nothing tell Dr Karan that I am busy and I already had my breakfast,Veer said.

But Doctor you-the nurse was saying something was she was cut off.

No buts now Nurse Amaya I have a lot of work.Anyways I have a surgery now so I am going and don't forget to deliver my message to Dr Karan,Veer said and without listening to reply he went out.

Time skips

Right now it was almost 2 pm and Veer was in his cabin.He was really exhausted after having back to back two surgeries.He didn't knew why he was feeling so tired because ofcourse it was not the first time he was working continuously.

Just then the door of his cabin shut opened and Veer opened his eyes with a flinch.He was about to yell at that person who dared to enter his cabin like that but he saw that the person who did that was none other that Shalini and behind her was Karan.
They both were looking furiously at him.

He gulped because he knew how he have to face an angry Karan as well an angry Shalini and he didn't wanted to do it right considering he was so tired.

What is this behaviour Veer?Shalini shouted at him.

What?What did I did?Veer said.

Oh really?Then why are you skipping your meals?Shalini said.

Skipping my meals?What are you talking about Shalini?Veer said trying to defence him.

Oh please now you don't lie when you clearly can't.We very well know that you have not eaten anything from morning and as far as I know you were also not having your meals properly when Naira was admitted in the hospital,Karan said with his stern voice.

Wh-hat are y-you gu-uys talking about?Look I don't have time for this now.I have to go.I have an important work,Veer said and he tried to walk of his cabin to escape from them but before he could he pulled harshly by someone who pulled his arm and turned him.

Don't you dare to step out of this room without giving us a proper explanation otherwise no one would be worse than me,Shalini said glaring him sharply.

Veer gulped hard.He realised he is now doomed.

Hmm so would you like to explain yourself first or...?Karan said while raising his eyebrows.

Veer finally gave up and said the truth,Okay fine I skipped meals.Alright?But what should I have done.I was so busy with Naira in the past few days and also there were some emergency cases so in between I forgot to eat.Okay?And as for today also I didn't do it intentionally I had so many patients to attend to and also there were two important surgeries.I couldn't just ignore them.Now tell me is there really any fault of mine in this?

Both Shalini and Karan looked at each other and sighed.okay fine we don't blame you now for not taking care of yourself,Shalini said.

Uhh finally thank yo-,Veer was cut off when Shalini again said.

But we are still not forgiving you,Shalini said.

What?But why?Now what shall I do to earn your precious forgiveness?,Veer said with a tight smile on his face.He was clearly done with his friends.

Nothing just a tiny small thing,Karan said.

And now what is that?Veer said.

You will go to home right now and take rest for the remaining day,Shalini said.

WHAT?!you are kidding right?Veer said looking shocked.

No I am not.I know how you are continuously over working yourself too so a good one day rest won't do much harm to you,Shalini said.

Yes it will.I can't just go home right now.I can't do that.I still have so many patients to attend to,Veer said.

Don't worry.We will take care of that,Karan said and patted Veer's shoulder.

But-,Veer was trying to say something but Shalini said to sternly,Veer it's either this or I will do something which you can't imagine even in your dreams.

After listening to Shalini's warning Veer gulped and said,Okay fine I will go home and take rest and also have my meals properly.

Karan and Shalini smiled.

Okay let's go then I will drop you home,Karan said.

But Karan I can go by myself also,Veer said.

Oh come on in this way I can go to your house and meet Naira also,Karan said as he put his arm over Veer's shoulder.

What?are you serious? Didn't you meet her yesterday only?Veer said and chuckled.

Nevertheless they both went out of the cabin and Shalini also went to do her work.

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter
If you did please don't forget to vote
And also comment
Bye guyssss