30. Mom? Dad? What are y'all doing here??

Me and Stephen are walking back towards my car. We both have the biggest smile on our faces. Ellie sees us and immediately knows what happened. I think she's just happy that I'm happy again. We make it back to my car and Stephen looks at me and says "Ok gorgeous, I'll let you go home. Text me later ok?" "Ok". He leans down and kisses me again and opens my door for me.

I get into my car and he closes the door behind me. He looks at me and smiles and then walks away. "You better tell me everything when we get home." "Ok els I will." Ellie starts the car and we start to head home. I take out my phone and unblock Stephen's number so I can text him later. Everything feels so perfect now. Stephen apologized, I'm going on tour soon, my best friend moved in with me. I can't believe it, everything is falling into place right now.

We finally make it home and Ellie looks at me. "Hey ads, you can head inside, I need to do a few things out here first." "Uh ok, I'll see you inside els." I open the door and look at Ellie, she smiles at me and I close the door. I start heading towards the front door as I fiddle with my keys trying to get the front door key. I finally get in and unlock the door. I quickly get in and close the door behind me. I put my purse on one of the hooks near the door. I kick off my shoes and put my keys into my purse. Before I could turn around, I hear 2 voices.

"So, tell us about this boy Mae. He's a musician?" There's only one person who calls me that. Soon I heard another voice. "Brina, give her a second babe. She just got back." Holy shit, I know those voices. I turn around and see my parents. "Mom? Dad? What are y'all doing here?"

"Hey kiddo" My dad said. I quickly run towards them and hug them. I'm so happy to see them, I miss them so much. My dad left when I was little, I was always closer with my mom but a few years ago, he came back into our lives. He and my mom remarried and they've been so happy ever since. "Hello my beautiful girl, you are so strong I want you to know that." My mom said as I was still in her and my dad's arms. "I'm so happy you guys are here. How did you get here?" "Ellie called your mom and told what about what had happened with you. We were terrified and knew we needed to see our girl."

I totally understand why Ellie told them. They're my parents, they deserve to know what happened. "Are you ok after that panic attack you had?" my mom asked with pure fear in her eyes. "Yes mom, I'm ok. Matt, Ellie's boyfriend helped me through it. Thats mainly why Ellie moved here. She didn't want me to be alone when stuff like that happens. "I'm just so glad your ok Mae." "I'm happy y'all are here dad." I lead them to the living room and they sit down. "I'm gonna go get y'all some water."

I head to the kitchen and Ellie still isn't back yet. She's probably at Matt's right now. I get the 2 glasses of water and I head back to the living room. I hand my mom and dad the glasses of water and I sit down across from them. "So tell us about that boy Mae." I hear my dad say. I begin to tell him about how I posted a cover of his song and he saw it. I then tell them about performing on stage with them. I've always been an open book with my parents, I tell them everything.

"And then Ellie told me this morning that she had a surprise for me. She drove me to this field of daisies and tells me to go to this tree in the middle of the field. I get out of the car and head to the tree and I see Stephen standing under the tree placing his song 'Mountain Peaks'. he sang specific lyrics to me and explained what happened and why he did what he did. I forgave him and yeah now we're here." My mom and dad look at each other and then at me. "Ok honey, I see how much you like him but please be careful ok?." "I will be mom I promise.

A few hours go by and my parents left a few minutes ago to head back to their hotel room. I'm getting ready for bed when I get a text from Stephen

 I'm getting ready for bed when I get a text from Stephen

God, he's so cute. I can't let myself get too attached again. I won't let what he did happen again. Ellie also texted me saying that she's staying at Matt's tonight. So I go downstairs and fully lock up the door and head back upstairs to my room. Life is finally good again.