PROLOGUE 1

The savory aroma of chicken permeated the kitchen.

"I think it should be just about done...Yes, perfect."

My mum stepped in as I was preparing dinner.

"I'll lend a hand, Jeff," Mum said.

"Thanks, Mae. Could you prepare the salad?"

"Sure. Is that Gaeng Khiao Waan Gai?"

I nodded. "Yeah, its Alan's favourite."

"Alan has been working overseas so long. I wonder if he misses thai food."

I work for the division affairs of an interior design production company.

My hubby works for the overseas division of CP All Products.

"I'm glad to see you looking so happy. You're lucky your Phaw introduced you to such a lovely man."

"Yeah...."

Our marriage had been arranged through my dad, a Banker.

Clink, click........... Straight from the beautiful red carpet to the altar and quite happily so.

I remembered the smiles on the faces of the priest and Alan in his tuxedo.

A marriage to a tall handsome, academically qualified high earner.

All of my friends had been green with envy.

A family of four having dinner with wine.

"Are your parents doing well Alan?"Dad asked

"Yes, thank you for asking."

"Once things settle down, let's go golfing again with your phaw."my Dad suggested.

Alan smiled and nodded, 'All right."

"Oh yes, I still haven't gotten to see the pictures from the honeymoon. You'll have to show them to me later,"my mum requested.

"I thought you might say that. I've already got them ready in an album,"I said.

Satisfied, he turns to my husband and asked, "How is the food Kris? Is it to your liking?"

"Delicious, thank you. I am delighted to have a wife who is so good at cooking,"he replied, smiling.

"Hear that Jeff?"

"Yes?" I smiled shyly at the praise.

I was enveloped in the fragrance of rose oil.

"A silk camisole shirt....I wonder if Alan will like it?" I asked myself softly.

I looked at myself in front of the mirror, feeling unusually anxious.

Alan looked at me as I entered the living room.