CHAPTER 8

A/N ~ Happy Good Friday all......
.......

"You must know by now what kind of relationship Alan and I shared?"

"Yes,"I answered.

"Would you like to know more?"he offered.

"I'll pass."

"Oh? But arent you interested at all? Dont you want to know how he loves me?"

"Listen Mrs Tony, I..."

"Its Kim Benz. I truly hate that Mrs Tony title."

"Whatever it is Mr Kim. I think our conversation is over...."

I stood up but his next words stopped me in my tracks.

"He always kisses my ears. Thats because I told him I have sensitive ears."

"...."

I knew what they had together but hearing it from the man itself, utterly broke my heart.

"Then his fingers join with mine and...."

I cant hear anymore of this!

"But in the end, you're just the other man, arent you?" I said in retort.

I glared at him head-on with the strongest poker face I could muster.

"It doesnt matter what relationship you have with Alan. I'm the one married to him. Your position will never be socially accepted."

*giggle*

"Are you serious? Are you saying that its more important to be socially accepted than to be loved as a man?"

"I'm sure you've guessed by now. That I have no intention of giving you a job from the start. I just wanted to meet you once and get my point across to you."

"What point is that?"

*giggle*

"Look, I'm the one he really loves. If I hadnt been married. He certainly would have chosen me over you as his wife."

"What the...."

He would have chosen him over me? He couldnt mean...?

"Oh my, you mean you didnt know? He was seeing me before he even married you."

"Before he even attended that marriage interview with you."

Wait. Does that mean he didnt start cheating on me with him after he got married? That Alan has betrayed my trust from day one?

"Well, keep it up in the rat race. He's encouraging you to work right? Thats another means of making time to spend with me, you know."

"...."

He laughs.

"The more absorbed you get in your work. The easier for him to make time for me. Of course he'd encouraged it."

Thats horrible.

"All you have to do is be a good wife to him. Make his meal, clean his house and stick to your job. At least, its better than being a maid!"

"Dont worry about the rest. After all he's got me for that."

*giggle*

"Good luck at work Jeff." Kim said with a wink.

That night.

"Give me another!"

Slam!

"Whoa... I think you've had enough Mister. Thats your third drink."