CHAPTER 15

A/N ~ Thanks a lot for the likes, comments and adding this story to your list. Im really glad that it received a good response ^^...Fighting
........

One week after being hospitalized, Alan's father was moved from ICU to the reguar ward. Then....

"Come again? You wont take over the company?'

"I want to continue the work I'm doing now. That's why I wont be taking over,"Alan insisted.

"H-How could you say that? What will become of the company?"Mrs Hemmawich asked angrily.

"Let someone else take it over. Phaw should start priming a successor for the job."

"You're being ridiculous! How could you...!"

"It is not ridiculous. My Phaw built that company in a single generation. It's not carried over across generations."

"But...!"

His mother looked at his husband to back him up.

"Dear! You should say something!"

"I'm not sure what you want me to say..."Mr Hemmawich said weakly. "If Alan doesnt want to take over, I'll have to find someone else for the job..."

His wife was livid.

"You too? How could you say that?"

Turning his attention to me.

"Jeff, what are you doing?! Why wont you stop Alan from doing this?!"

Why?Its because...

"Because it's my husband's choice."

"Excuse me?!"

"Alan should be the one to decide how he lives. Its not my place to interfere with that."

"How...How irresponsible..!"

"Its not responsible!" Alan raised his voice to his mom. "My wife simply respect my wishes."

"What are you talking about? Either way, I will not permit this! You will take over the business! Do I make myself clear?!"

Slam!!

"Whoa, scary..That's bad for the heart..."Mr Hemmawich comments.

"What? Your heart?" I asked concernly.

"Haha...Just kidding, just kidding. Thats not enough to hurt anything.."

My father in law laughs out loud.

"I'm sorry Phaw.."

"Why are apologizing for? Its your decision, not mine. I was ready for this from the moment you went to work for CP ALL Products. Fortunately I have a lot of good employees that I can have them take over me. And if I cant find anyone willing to take over, I'll just close up shop. You dont need to worry about a thing."

On the way back home....

"I'm glad that at least your Phaw accepted it."

"Yes, at least... I wont be disowned now. I'm sure Mae will give up, given time."

I'm sure he would really rather his Mom to be the one to accept his choice.

I quietly reached out a hand and rested it on his forlorn back.

"What is it?"

"Nothing..."

"Oh..."

Alan gave a small smile and took my hand.

It was as pleasantly cool as always...

'What's the matter?"I asked.

"My hands are cold. You can be my stand-in heater."