Chapter 4

A short time later, they were sitting in a noble car and Jisung ask himself not for the first time what Chan was working, but he didn't ask him. He had the feeling that he had no right to ask such a question, so he kept his thoughts to himself.

It was still raining and Jisung watched the raindrops run down the car window while he hung out his thoughts.

He wondered what the hell he should wear to work tonight. Because in the crumpled suit he could hardly be seen there.

Hyunjin would laugh at him, even if he wouldn't mean it and their boss would send him back home to change.

Home..

He no longer had a home.

Sighing, he shook his head and noticed that Chan was watching him.

He had noticed how Jisung's expression had changed from sad to something like desperate and helpless and didn't really know what to do.

"I... is everything okay...?" he finally asked and would have liked to slap himself for the question the next moment. Of course, everything wasn't okay.

Jisung raised his head and tried to smile, but then shook his head in torment.

"I..."

He didn't know exactly why, but like the night before, he told Chan what was bothering him, although he had the feeling that he would put pressure on the older. And he definitely didn't want that.

"I have to work later... and I really can't show up like this... the problem is that all my things are with him..." he furiously wiped away the tear that rolled down his cheek.

Chan looked at Jisung unhappy. The mental pain of the younger one was almost within reach and so big that even Chan could feel the weight.

He wished he could just cancel the trip to Australia and stay here to help Jisung. But his father desperately needed him and, as far as Chan knew, had no one who could step in for him.

He suppressed an unfortunate sigh and looked at his watch. It was still early, just half past eleven and he still had plenty of time until his flight would leave.

"Where does he live?" he finally asked.

Jisung just stared at him for a moment and didn't understand what Chan wanted from him.

"The address?" Chan repeated and looked at Jisung with raised eyebrows.

Jisung's eyes widened and he shook his head frantically.

"That's not what I meant! You have to catch your flight..." said Jisung and looked at Chan almost in panic.

"Mhm I know, but I mean it! The address?"

Jisung bit his lower lip and shook his head.

"Jisung," said Chan, looked the younger one deep in the eyes and smiled temptingly at him.

Again, Jisung couldn't help but stare at Chan and thought of the moment when Chan had stood in front of him dressed only with a towel.

"Fine...," he finally said and gave Chan the address.

"We're making another stopover," Chan said to his driver and gave him the address.

After that, they sat silently next to each other.

Chan quickly noticed how uncomfortable the younger felt and wondered if he was pushing him to do something he wasn't ready for, or if he was afraid that he would miss his flight because of him.

He reached out to Jisung and to his surprise Jisung grabbed his hand.

It wasn't far to the address that Jisung had mentioned and somehow it surprised Chan that the guy lived in such a good area. What he had heard from him sounded more like scum than like anything else.