Chapter 9

A week later, Jisung had almost become accustomed to living with Changbin, even if they rarely saw each other. Mostly Changbin worked during the day and he himself at night, so they saw each other briefly before Changbin went to work and he went to bed.

Contrary to all his fears, they got along well.

He texted with Chan regularly, which was usually the highlight of his day, as well as the pictures that Chan sent.

He had the next two days off, just like Hyunjin and also Changbin and Felix had said that they should do something together in their free time.

But since they had just finished their shift, they had agreed to go sleep first.

Yawning, he let himself sink into bed and was just about to close his eyes when it knocked on his door.

"Come in," he murmured tiredly.

Changbin came in and behind him to Jisung's surprise also Felix and Hyunjin. Both looked like they had cried, which led to the Jisung immediately jumping up.

"What happened?" he asked worriedly.

"My grandma has died and my family is now flying directly to Australia. There is just no more space on the plane to take Jinnie with us. We wanted to ask if he could stay here as long as we're staying there..." Felix murmured and looked incredibly desperate and helpless.

Wordlessly, Jisung pulled the two into his arms and Felix found it very difficult not to burst into tears again.

"Sure he can stay here, can't he Changbin?" Jisung asked the oldest and looked at him with hope.

"What a question. After all, that was also his apartment for a long time. Of course he can stay here!"

"Thank you," Felix said relieved and pulled Hyunjin to himself. Buried his hands in Hyunjin's hair and kissed him as if he would never see him again.

"I love you, babe! Take care!" he murmured, gently stroked through Hyunjin's hair and kissed him again.

"I love you too! I'm so sorry..." Hyunjin murmured and now the tears were actually running down his cheeks.

Felix gently wiped away the tears, but it looked like he would start crying again at any moment.

"Thank you!" he said again, hugging Changbin and Jisung before he hurriedly left the apartment.

For a moment, none of them knew what to say until life came back to Changbin.

"Do we want to have a coffee together or do you want go to sleep first?" he asked.

"Coffee sounds good," Hyunjin murmured.

Silently, the three went into the kitchen and while Changbin turned on the coffee machine, Jisung and Hyunjin already sat down.

Hyunjin had leaned against Jisung, who played gently with the older's hair because he knew it calmed him down. Shortly afterwards, Changbin put steaming cups in front of them and sat down opposite them.

"Thank you," Jisung said quietly.

None of them really knew what to say.

Hyunjin was finally the one who broke the silence. He had very well noticed in the last few days how much Jisung had texted with Chan and how much he had been happy about every new message.

"Maybe you should ask Chan how he is... after all, it was also his grandma..." he said quietly, took one of the cups and carefully drank a sip of coffee.

"I'll do it later..." Jisung murmured. He looked at Changbin, who looked somehow worried and insecure.

Sighing, Changbin drank a sip of coffee and then noticed that Jisung was watching him. Uncertain, he smiled at him and was somehow relieved when the younger one smiled back.

"Do we want to go for a little walk?" Changbin asked. He didn't really want to be alone, but didn't know how to address it. And he had the feeling that it would somehow feel strange to lay in bed with them.

Jisung looked at Hyunjin, who actually looked quite glad about the suggestion and nodded.

"Sounds good," he said and so they walked together along the Han River shortly afterwards. Silent, because they were all quite tired and didn't really know what to say. But they didn't feel uncomfortable with it.

At some point, Hyunjin reached for Jisung's hand and interviewed their fingers with each other. He just needed closeness.

Changbin, who was just looking at the two at that moment, suppressed a sigh and somehow felt very alone. He tried to suppress the feelings in him, but he didn't really succeed.

Jisung, who had seen exactly how Changbin had watched him and Hyunjin, stretched out his other hand at him with a smile.

Surprised, Changbin grabbed his hand and smiled back.

At some point, however, Hyunjin and Jisung were so tired that they wanted to go back home to bed and Changbin had an appointment in the studio that he inevitably had to attend. So they had no choice but to go home again.

When they arrived home, Changbin quickly said goodbye to the two, as his driver was already waiting for him.

While Hyunjin went into the bedroom and cuddled up in bed, Jisung put the cups in the dishwasher.

He thought back and forth what to write to Chan, but still didn't know it when he finally went to bed.

"Just ask him if everything is okay or if you can do anything for him and then let's finally go to sleep!" grumbled Hyunjin.

"All right...," Jisung uncertainly typed what Hyunjin had said.

»Hey Channie... I heard from Felix that your grandma died.. I'm incredibly sorry 😔 if I can do anything for you, let me know! 🫶🏻«

His heart beat up to his neck. He had never sent Chan a heart in a message and didn't know if it was the right time. But he wanted Chan to know that he was there for him.

Sighing, he cuddled up to Hyunjin, closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep. But the thoughts of Chan didn't leave him alone.

"Jisung, I understand that you have a crush on him, but you can't help him now anyway. Sleep now!" Hyunjin grumbled and pulled the younger one to him.

He gently stroked Jisung's back and with that the younger finally managed to relax so far that he could fall asleep.

Smiling, Hyunjin brushed his hair out of his forehead before he closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep himself.

He was worried about Felix, even if the younger one had written him a message that everything was fine and he was just sad.

Sighing, he cuddled closer to Jisung and tried to follow his own advice. He couldn't help Felix anyway and was far too tired to have clear thoughts anyway.

꧁⟢𓆩♡𓆪⟣꧂