Chapter 17 - Meet

Five more hours until the team's departure for Las Almas, Mexico.

The captain once again gather the team in the debriefing room for one last call with Laswell. This time, all the teams are standing around the table rather than sitting.

You crossed your arms as your eyes trained on the screen, carefully listening to what Laswell might inform all of you.

"I manage to dig down some of the commander's file, and he has some shady stuffs but it seems we can trust him enough. Just remember that at least on this mission we have to." Her tired voice can be heard from the call.

You slightly feel guilty to make her tired herself just to listen to your suspicion. But then again, if you don't warn them about what will happen, then who else? You can't afford to lose someone from your team. Even though you know no one will die in this mission, but seeing them hurt was enough to worry you much.

"Copy that, Laswell." Price replied, followed by nods by the others.

"I hope the best for you guys."

Just before Laswell is going to end the call, you spoke. "Laswell."

"What is it, soldier?"

You paused for a moment, quickly regretting what you about to said but you keep on your decision to say it. "Can you promise me not to go by yourself? No," You quickly shaking your head as you corrected yourself. "I mean, please remember to make sure when you're hiding, your hiding spot is good enough. Also... Sometimes water can't be trusted."

You tried your best not to frown at the thought. You won't let another slip up just for Ghost to picking up on you again.

The older woman remained quiet for a second. "Okay, I'll keep them in mind. You too, be careful."

Without waiting for you to reply, Laswell immediately ended the call. You averted your gaze to look at Price, giving him a nod then walk out of the room. Feeling the others' eyes on your back but you tried to ignore them.

- - -

The back of the aircraft open as the hot air of Las Almas gets in the way. Greeting the small group task on this site.

Price once again remind the group to be careful and wishing them goodluck before he, Gaz, and Roach saying their goodbye to the rest. Telling them to tell the Mexican Forces a hi from him.

You three slowly get out of the aircraft, Soap is the first then followed by Ghost. And you stayed behind to wave one last goodbye to the men.

"Alejandro!" You heard Soap called out to someone.

"Sergeant MacTavish."

As you turn around to face the other group of men, your face lit up at the sight of the Latino man. You see him shaking hand with Soap. "Call me Soap."

Then Alejandro shifted his gaze to Ghost whose standing behind Soap. "Lieutenant." He then places both his hands on his back, "Laswell says they call you Ghost." The Colonel slightly smile.

Just before Ghost can replied, Soap beat him to it.

"Actually, I believe he prefers to be--"

"That'll do." Ghost quick to cut him back. Giving the sergeant a heavy glare.

After the quick conversation they did, you finally step to Soap's side. Eyes locked on Alejandro. And when his eyes shifted to you, you can see they visibly widen, then he grinned widely before he takes step forward and giving you a warm embrace.

"Encantado de conocerte de nuevo, jefe." (Nice to meet you again, boss.) You said as you return the hug just as much. Smiling widely.

"Corta esa mierda y deja de llamarme jefe." (Cut that shit and stop calling me boss.) He replied back as he finally let go of the hug and place his arms on your shoulders instead. Looking all around your face and up and down your body. Examining your features. Once he's satisfied, he gives you another grin then take one of your hand in his and bring it to his lips to kiss the back of your hand.