Chapter 25 - Both

To your luck, the cut on the side of your head it's nothing to worry about. It heals quickly but the medic in Alejandro's base said it will kind of leave a small scar. You had no problem with that as long as it won't get in your way.

It's been three days since you share room with Ghost. Meaning you still have four days left to spend with him.

And surprisingly, he kept his distance well. As if drawing an invisible line between your bed and his coach. Your mind wonder if the couch is comfy enough for him. But when you realized what you've been thinking, you quickly shake the thing off.

He can moves to Soap's if he wants to sleep in bed. You won't share. It's not like you really don't want to, but the bed is quite small so you don't want to take the risk.

Besides from his death glare, you feel kind of in a good term with him for now. Which is good.

You both now in your shared room. With you sitting on your bed, your back against the headboard while Ghost sitting against the couch. It makes the two facing each other.

You currently reading your journal while Ghost reading his own book. You make sure to shield the journal so the man can't see even if he tried.

Opening the page where you write about El Sin Nombre.

If you're not mistaken, after Price's squad is done on their side, the next mission is for Soap to infiltrate El Sin Nombre's base. To looking for an intel about her whereabouts.

You try to ponder whether you should change positions with Soap or not.

You once accidentally met Valeria. And you two even change a name, but lucky enough because you're quick to think to give her your last name and not first name. You wonder if she still remember you. If yes, then you couldn't take the risk to change position because if Valeria knows, it won't end well.

But if she didn't recognize you, it will be a good plan. You can make sure Soap is safe and wouldn't have to worry about your team to get caught in a situation. You can also tried to search more about Russian.

The feeling back then when the team interrogated Hassan was still there. It won't go away. It keeps coming back.

"Y/n." A gruff voice immediately dragging your mind back to reality.

When you look up from your journal, you see Simon standing right in front of your bed with crossed arms. Staring down at you beneath the skull mask.

The first thing come in mind is to shut your journal then tossed it back into your bag. Quickly zipping it.

Ghost's eyes following your movement as he remained still in his position.

"Sorry, sir." You quietly muttered as you get up from your bed.

"How's your head?"

The question startled you a little but you're quick to covered it up by raising your hand to feel the wound on your left temple. It's still cover by a bandaid. The medic said you can take it off in two days more. "Better, sir."

He remained quiet as his eyes move to look at your hand holding your head.

"Alejandro said you want to go out." You furrowed your brow a little at his statement while slowly lowering your hand back to your side.

"Yes, I need to buy something."

"Buy what?"

"My stuff."

"You can't." You raised your eyebrow at his refusal. "I'm afraid it's not your decision, sir. The Colonel give me a go. He's the highest rank here." You crossed you arms now, mocking his stance.