Chapter 22 - 1st or 2nd?

It's now midnight. In the middle out of nowhere in the desert of Las Almas.

Thanks to Alejandro to filled his promise and informed you the update. At first you want to stay behind in base and let the team take the interrogation with Hassan, saying you want use some rest so you can be fit to another upcoming mission in no time.

But Alejandro said you can join if you want.

You almost deny his offer but when Ghost suddenly appears in your peripheral vision when you two talking and you immediately change your mind and accept him.

Just because you suddenly have this need to annoy the masked soldier.

Besides, when you think about it again, maybe, just maybe, in Hassan's phone, there's at least mini intel about Russian. And you can't let go any opportunity possible. You have to gather as many as you can to make sure everything still in place.

Now Soap and Alejandro haul a captured and blindfolded Hassan Zyani, shoving him to walk in front of the jeep's light. His head covered by what you assumed to be a bag? Or maybe a cloth? That's not your concern for now though.

"On your knees." Soap's demanding voice said. Shoving Hassan's shoulder down.

Graves on the other hand sets up a laptop with a video uplink to Laswell and Shepherd while Hassan's hood is removed.

"Y'all got a clear picture?"

"Crystal." Hearing Shepherd's voice kind of set you off and you don't even know why. Yes, you know he will betrays the team but your gut this time is different from the usual. You tried to shake off the feeling for now as you lean against the jeep in the dark. Watching the interrogation about to start. While Ghost stands not too far from you, also hiding his figure in the shadow.

Comes Laswell's voice. "All set."

As Graves turns around from the laptop to face Hassan, Soap comes to your side, suddenly catching you off guard by his hands gripping your waist then lifted you up to sit on the jeep. In exchange, he leans against your side, one hand snaking around your back to keep you in place while his other holding onto his vest. His eyes locked to Hassan.

You raise your eyebrow at him but quickly decided to let him be as your eyes also turned to look at the enemy.

"Alright, we are live, folks." Graves said as both his hands hold onto his vest. Now he's standing two feet away from Hassan.

"Do you speak Arabic?" Hassan's voice suddenly asked. Looking up at the commander.

"No."

"Farsi?"

"No."

"Course not." Hassan's face contorted into a scowl. "Then I'll speak your bastardized medieval English because you are all uneducated street dogs."

Graves let out a soft sigh as he lightly shakes his head. "Ahh, see... we're getting off to a bad start here, Hassan."

After that, your mind slowly wandering around. Spacing out again. The voice from your surroundings slowly fading as you focused on your own thoughts.

There's nothing different about the dialogues from this scene you know in game. So subconsciously, your mind relax a little. Knowing nothing really changed and all is still in their way.

When suddenly, Soap's voice brought you back to reality. "Who'd you get American missiles from?"

"I don't care who they're from, I wanna know where they're going." Shepherd's answer make you teared away your gaze from Hassan and into the laptop not too far place in front of the jeep.