Chapter 2O - Another

You slowly wake up from your sleep. Turning to look at the portable clock you always carried, it read midnight.

11.30 PM.

It's been so long since you sleep without nightmare or heavy thoughts. You get up from your lie position to sit on your bed. Staring into nothing. Because your room is the farthest one and in the corner, you have a window attached to your wall. The moon light slightly peeking through the window. Adding the atmosphere of night.

Without nothing better to do and knowing all too well you won't get any sleep soon, you get out of your room and walking to the kitchen. Decided to make yourself some food, since no one waking you up for dinner. Knowing Alejandro and Rodolfo would never wake you up once they see you really comfortable and didn't seem to have any nightmare. And about Soap, well, poor guy you imagining him he wants to wake you up but Alejandro is quick to tell him no.

Don't even start with Ghost. His big ass ego won't helping at all.

The hallway is silent with some of Alejandro's men can be heard patrolling outside.

As you reach the kitchen, it's empty with just a light on right above the dining table. Four chairs surrounding the table, facing each other. While the fridge is pushed against the right corner of the room and the rest beside it is the kitchen counter. There's a mini microwave and bread toaster on it.

You bring yourself to open the fridge and immediately spotting a plate full of food. You smile to yourself as you take it out and stopping your action when you see a sticky note underneath. You hold the plate in one hand while the other taking the note. You smiled to yourself when you saw the writing.

No olvides calentarlo. Lo hice con mucho cariño, así que no dejéis sobras :) - Rudy

(Don't forget to heat it. I made it with a lot of love, so don't leave any leftovers :) - Rudy)

Rudy's hand writing is always one to admired. It's effortlessly beautiful without even trying, especially when he writes in his mother language. You folded the paper and put it in your pants pocket. Closing the fridge as you walking to the microwave. Placing the food inside and pressed the timer, then you sit on one of the chair, boredly waiting for the time to run out.

Waiting while staring at the microwave, your mind unconsciously goes back to thinking about plans for tomorrow's mission. You don't know that much about Las Almas. All you remember about this plot in Mexico is when Soap and Ghost meet Alejandro, how they talk about El Sin Nombre, and suddenly all you know is when Hassan has been captured. With the help of Graves for air support of course.

And that's all.

You don't know any details anymore. And that's what concerned you after the meeting in the afternoon. Yes, you believe in Alejandro's plan and his intel, but you can't help to think about how suddenly the mission will go the other way around.

But then again, both your Latino friends will always having their way. So you quickly calm yourself and trust them even more.

When you are with them, you somehow always managed to calm down quicker than with others. That's why you feel lighter when you meet Alejandro and Rodolfo again. Even though you don't know much about them, let alone what will happen with them beside with Hassan incident and Valeria, all you know they will be safe. They will always come back alive and put your mind at ease. Your mind doesn't need to be working 24/7 worrying about what might happen because you don't know anything.

And when you're about to think further, the sound of the timer running out suddenly broke your thoughts and you quickly stood up to turn it off. Carefully taking the food out, closing the microwave, and return to your seat.