Crying over spilt milk

There had been no mention of dinner, past Daisy and Elise's discussion, so much so that Alexa had forgotten about it entirely. She had grown fairly bored, listening to the women talk about things she wasn't clued in on. There had been an offer as to whether she wanted to colour, but she strongly opposed the suggestion, a small flick of defiance being lit inside of her.

She regretted her choice, sitting slumped against the couch. The only positive was that she had managed to slip away from the women, continually shifting as much as she could away from them, until Daisy or Lottie would notice and tell her to stay put.

"I think it's time to start getting Lexie ready for dinner." Daisy spoke, breaking up the ongoing conversation. Alexis perked up almost, at the prospect of going out, maybe Elise wouldn't call the police, but a bystander would.

Were the women so deluded that they'd risk taking a missing person into a busy place? It seemed so.

There wasn't much more time to wonder, as Daisy was picking up the girl, bringing Alexis back into the moment. "Don't forget the dress." Elise reminded, passing Daisy the dress, the brunette took it with her free hand. "You're going to look so pretty." Elise smiled. Waving the two off, as they disappeared into the hallway.

She looked back to Lottie, "so we're going to dinner?" Lottie asked, "of course we're going to dinner." Elise confirmed. Lottie nodded, her lips tugged up at the ends, an all knowing smile wanted to form.

"You know you can't just show up here unannounced." Lottie said, "you were refusing to let me meet her, the company wasn't that good in Thailand" Elise shrugged, "I didn't even know you flew back in." The woman attempted to defend herself. "Yes you did, you should think twice next time before marrying your best friend's business partner, you always have my schedule."

Lottie playfully rolled her eyes, "me and Daisy were together much before you started the firm." She defended, "you didn't marry her until after technically." Elise pointed out. "You're ridiculous." Lottie stated, "and you're an overprotective mama bear now, Charlie." The redhead grinned.

"That I am." Lottie accepted, "I mean I knew I loved her, but I didn't realise how much I was going to love her." She confided in her best friend. "I knew, and that's why I had to show up here unannounced, otherwise you would've kept her trapped in here forever, like rapunzel."

"Plus I'm older, I know better than you." Elise chided, Lottie sat up "you're five months older! It doesn't even matter now, we're adults.".

Both of the women burst into laughter, "it mattered in middle school, and it still matters now, I'm five months older." Elise stated, Lottie threw her head back onto the back of the couch. "Please don't be telling my daughter embarrassing stories about us, I'd rather she not know some of the things I know you hate to say."

"No promises, I'm still trying to be her favourite."

~~

The dress was...nice, but next to all three of the women, Alexa felt painfully underdressed. Especially with the heels that all three wore, she had thought that maybe they'd let her walk because of it , but somehow that could miraculously still hold her in heels.

"We need to go now if we want to make it in time for our reservation." Elise announced, "you haven't had chance to do your makeup." Daisy looked up, clicking her hoop earring in. "Oh please Dais, do you know how many times I've had to fix my makeup in cars after...never mind." Elise rebutted, "hush!" Daisy said. Alexa bite her tongue, trying to prevent the smile that was threatening to play on her lips.