Welcome to Litchfield

The more that the sign looked at her, the more it seemed to mock her. "This is really demeaning, i'm an adult." Alexa rolled her eyes, staring at the man who sat beside her. "You have no identification on you to prove who you are." He stated, "arguing isn't going to do anything, just get some rest and a doctor will be here in the morning." He attempted.

She gave one more glance to the 'adolescent ward' sign, "I can do whatever you want, I can walk in a straight line and I can even recite the alphabet, i'm completely fine." Alexa argued. "That's to test if you're drunk." The nurse told her, "well i'm completely fine and also sober for that matter."

"It's late and I'm sure you're tired, rest and you'll feel better in the morning." He dismissed her, the girl sighed, casting a glare off to the side.

This wasn't an argument that she would be winning anytime soon, "can you at least take these off my wrists?" She asked, she hoped she would look pitiful enough for the nurse to comply. "I don't think that's a good idea." He told her, "please? They're uncomfortable." Her fight was dwindling by the second, and she really was tired.

"It can be reassessed in the morning, if you need anything you'll find a button next to your hand, a nurse should be with you as soon as possible." The nurse informed, "thanks." She bitterly mumbled.

With that, the nurse had left the room however he had forgotten to turn the lights off. The fluorescent lighting burned her eyes, and she desperately wanted to turn them off. She knew she could press the button, and that a nurse could come do it for her, but the thought laid heavy on her chest. The girl didn't even want to acknowledge the fact that she was here, let alone giving in by calling for a nurse.

She closed her eyes, she wished that she could at least turn to her side. Alexa tested how far she could move with her wrists bound, if she twisted too much, the restraints held tightly against her arms.

Deciding that maybe the nurse was saying some truth, she thought that maybe she should get some sleep.

They'd been nice enough to unbound her so she could change into pyjamas, the material was uncomfortable and scratchy, but it was still better than the muddy white dress. Her body ached and she wished she was in a bed she could call her own, and she weighed the two evils. Being held to a hospital bed, and being put in a glorified cage each night, somehow the latter seemed more appealing.

Sleep seemed to evade her, becoming yet another thing she had lost in the night, freedom being the most prominent one. Her mind wandered back to Lottie and Daisy, a part of her felt satisfied knowing the women were hurting right now, that at least she wasn't the only person in pain.

She feared for the day ahead of her, it was past midnight by now, the insistent clock in the room made sure she was well aware of the time.

~~

"You'll need to sign these forms for us, feel free to read them, it's just to discharge legal liability from the hospital because you are technically acting against the hospitals wishes." The nurse handed Daisy the papers, the brunette skimmed through the papers before signing her name at the bottom.

There wasn't really much of a need to look further, she had looked over a handful of medical forms in her career, and she knew that Alexa wouldn't even be allowed enough unsupervised time to do something that would mean she needed to go back to the hospital.

"I think she's sleeping right now, I'll go and let her know what's going on then I'll bring her to you" The nurse told her, "no it's fine, I'll come with you." Daisy responded. The nurse looked conflicted, "Mrs Ashford we aren't allowed to do that." She began, "I can call up Doctor Daniel's if you need, I'm sure he would be happy to escort me there."