Three clicks

Daisy closed the bedroom door behind her, "she's asleep?" Lottie questioned, "mhm." Daisy nodded, feeling exhausted. "How many pages did you have to read to her tonight?" Lottie smiled, "thirty." Daisy smiled, "you beat my record of twenty seven."

Then they were both reminded of the ongoing discussion of the past few days, ones that Alexa had only caught hushed whispers of. "I tried to push it back again, but I don't have a choice, I have to leave tomorrow." Daisy said, "it's only one night right?" Lottie questioned.

"Yeah, only one night and two days." She confirmed, "me and Alexa should be fine then." Lottie reassured, "I know you'll be fine but I don't want to leave her so soon." The brunette spoke sadly. "We could come?" Lottie suggested, "no, it's way too early for that, you guys should stay here." Daisy declined, Lottie got up and walked over to her wife. The blonde squeezed Daisy's hand, "it's going to be okay Daisy."

"She's been so well behaved lately." Lottie pointed out, "she has." Daisy agreed, "we'll have a sleepover and everything." The blonde said. "Well now I feel a little jealous." Daisy joked, "oh but you'll get room service in some luxurious hotel, whilst me and Alexa are stuck at casa del Ashford." Lottie laughed.

Daisy playfully rolled her eyes, "it will be nice to sleep on a bed where there isn't a person trying to steal all the blankets." She mocked, Lottie looked offended. "That's you! I don't do anything!".

"Whatever you say my love, whatever you say."

~~

Alexa acknowledged the words being spoken to her, "mommies not gonna be here?" She questioned, "only for a night, and then I'll be right back here to give you all the cuddles you want." Daisy said. Alexa thought for a moment, at first she had been upset by the words, for Daisy to be going away. She gave a small smile, "okay mommy." She hugged the woman.

"Can we bake cookies when you get back, please mommy?" She questioned, "of course we can sweetie." Daisy returned the smile, "you're the best!" She exclaimed. As she pulled away from the hug, Alexa almost felt guilty for the lies slipping through her lips, how genuine and excited that the brunette had been. "You don't seem very sad Lexie." Daisy teased, "you're gonna be back after one sleep." The girl shrugged, Lottie was hiding her laughter behind her hand.

"I think what she means to say is that she's gonna miss you very very much, but that she's just excited to spend some time with mama." Lottie chimed in, Daisy sent a joking glare the blonde's way, she grabbed a pillow, throwing it at Lottie. Lottie caught the pillow, "violence is not the answer." She pretended to scold her.

Daisy leaned in closer to the girl, "do you see what you have to deal with?" She whispered, Alexa laughed. "Trying to brainwash my baby against me?" Lottie enquired, a pointed look at the pair, the girl couldn't help but laugh more. "Oh you think this is funny now, will it be funny when I make you scrub the floors like Cinderella?"

"She wouldn't dare." Daisy said, "mama's too nice for that." Alexa agreed. "Okay, we'll see later little girl, when mommy isn't here, you'll both see."

Then the girl felt herself being tickled, "mommy!" She shrieked, the usual culprit being Daisy. Daisy stepped back in surrender, "it's mama, not me." She told her. "You think I can't be mean and scary hm?" Lottie taunted, the girl rolled around, trying to escape the woman.

"Say i'm mean and scary and it'll all stop!" The blonde offered, Alexa pulled her knees underneath her, trying to roll into a ball. "Never ever!" She argued, Lottie picked the girl up, tossing her gently to the other side of the couch. "Cheater...stop!" Alexa giggled. Daisy watched the ongoing attack- amused. "Mommy please!" Alexa attempted, Daisy crossed her arms, "i'm not getting involved in this war, I enjoy my safety."