Witching hour

The days that followed the escape had been odd to say the least, there wasn't really one way to depict it, and there was many weird feelings that came with it. The day had left a mark on her mind, and every time she felt an urge to resist, she had the fear of it happening again and being trapped all day. To her credit, the most she had was a fifteen minute timeout.

"Mommy don't go." Alexa whined, her head in the woman's lap. "I need to go make lunch, princess." Daisy told her, "I could go with you?" Alexa asked- hopeful eyes. The woman gave her a smile, "there's gonna be hot stoves on and it's not safe." Daisy declined her.

"Please?" The girl pleaded, however her request wasn't met, Daisy gently lifted the girl's head off her lap before standing up, leaving the girl simply laying on the couch. "I won't be very long." Daisy promised, "Plus mama's here." She gestured to Lottie.

Alexa frowned, she didn't want barbie, she wanted Daisy.

The girl watched upside down as Daisy left the room, she pulled herself into a sitting position, looking around to try find Cooper. The dog was nowhere to be found, and she knew calling him would be a lost hope. The childish tv show on wasn't anything she could demean herself into liking.

"Not a mama's girl anymore?" Lottie teased, swirling a glass of iced coffee in her hand, "I never said that." Alexa mumbled. It wasn't that she hated Lottie necessarily, she just didn't like how Lottie made her feel, how attached she had almost become prior to her escape.

Yes, she didn't loathe Daisy's presence, but it was easy to detach herself, telling herself it was merely because she wanted to avoid punishment. With Lottie it wasn't so easy, and so yes she wasn't a 'mama's girl' anymore.

Feeling the woman's stare made her feel uncomfortable, and she knew it wasn't going to stop. Holding back a sigh, she moved over to the women, settling herself beside her.

Of course, Lottie used her free arm to shift the girl ever so slightly onto her. Alexa had an idea, she moved onto the woman's lap, getting herself comfortable on the woman. "What are you drinking?" Alexa played stupid, tilting her head ever so slightly.

"It's iced coffee, but you wouldn't like it, it's very bitter." Lottie said, "can I try some?" Alexa turned to face the woman. The blonde thought for a moment, "only a small sip." Lottie obliged, she brought the glass closer to the girl's lips.

It was a little strange trying to drink from a straw that she wasn't holding herself, having to sit up to do so. Alexa sipped from the straw, having it pulled away from her after a moment. She'd never been one for iced coffee particularly, favouring hot coffee, but she had no room to currently be picky about her coffee preferences.

"Don't tell mommy." Lottie joked, Alexa merely shrugged, settling against the woman. The coffee's taste lingered in her mouth, and she enjoyed the small luxury she had been offered. "Can I have another?" She attempted, "sorry no can do, sweetie." Lottie said. Alexa had been annoyed by her answer, but she nodded nonetheless.

Something she wouldn't even consider to be a privilege months ago, was now seen as a rare occurrence. The change was something she struggled to grasp, something she thought about at nights if she didn't manage to fall asleep fast enough.

~~

Alexa furrowed her brows, the page in front of her leaving her rather confused. "Do you not like that story?" Daisy questioned, watching the girl who was currently laid on her stomach, a story book splayed out in front of her.

The girl shook her head, resting her head on her hands. "This books stup- it's silly." She rephrased, skimming over to the next page. Daisy got down to sit beside the girl, "do you want help reading?" She offered, Alexa buried her face into her hands, hiding her sour expression.