Garden of Eden

Her newfound compliance came with a cost, she had traded one unhealthy coping mechanism for another. Shutting out the entire world, became fixating on one person in that world- Lottie.

Alexa moved her fork around, shifting the pile of spinach across the plate. She had really tried to eat it, but the small pile left proved her lack of proficiency. "You need to finish that." Lottie spoke, having already gathered hers and Lottie's plates, Alexa watched as she disappeared off into the kitchen.

"The sooner you eat it, the sooner it's over, Lex." Daisy said, looking at the girl who was staring off into the kitchen. Alexa turned back to the plate, scrunching her nose up at the green leafs.

"But it's disgusting." She said, glaring down at the food.

"Alexa." Daisy warned.

"Fine, it's yucky." Alexa corrected herself, a small smirk playing on her lips. Eyeing up the greenery in front of her, she speared a piece.

Her progression didn't go far beyond that, merely twirling the fork, watching the blur of the green. "You know that's not what I meant Alexa.", the girl suppressed her sigh. She looked over at the kitchen, there was no sign of Lottie returning yet, and that meant she was stuck with Daisy.

Cautiously, she took a bite, chewing the bland leaf. Alexa hated the lack of a crunch, there was no satisfying part about spinach- not even the sound.

She placed the fork back down, "and now you need to eat the rest of it." Daisy instructed, her chin resting on her hand. With the girls hesitance, she looked away, focusing on her phone instead.

If the girl needed to be eating dinner for another thirty minutes, then so be it.

However, like many times, Alexa had other plans. The girl looked down to see her fluffy companion, or well Lottie's companion, merely Alexa's by proxy. She scooped up the spinach with her fork, she leaned forward, tipping the utensil to drop the leaves on the floor, just out of Daisy's view.

Cooper's interest was piqued by the sudden offering, he sniffed the vegetables. He took one of them in his mouth, and the girl thought she was going to be in the clear, until he spat it back out.

Never in her life had she wanted to scream at a dog more, she widened her eyes at him, as if he could tell what she meant. He merely laid beside them, laying his head on the floor. It was almost as if he wanted her to get caught, and he was satisfied with his doings.

"Good girl sweetie." Daisy praised, Alexa snapped her head towards her, the empty plate being out on display.

Before she had chance to say anything, Lottie returned. "Alexa do you want to tell me why there is spinach on the floor next to Cooper?" The blonde paused, having almost walked past the pile splayed on the floor. Alexa could feel her cheeks heat up, being in the hot seat.

"Uhm." Is all she could force out, swallowing her saliva, thinking about how easily she could've been swallowing the spinach instead; if she hadn't of been so stubborn.

"Uhm indeed, cause to me it looks as if you tried giving your dinner to Cooper, does it look the same to you Daisy?" Lottie questioned, her stern look immediately made Alexa look down in shame.

Of course it had to be Lottie who found it first.

"It does indeed." Daisy agreed, giving the girl an equally pointed look. Alexa briefly pulled her bottom lip from her teeth, before it settled back into its ordinary place.

The silence pained her eyes, the only sound being Cooper heavily breathing. "I'm sorry." She apologised, "I'm sorry..I just..I'm just full and there was only a tiny but left." Alexa stammered. The girl sucked in her stomach, feeling the nerves floating around.