03

THE SAME NIGHT, Aelora could not find sleep and quietly sneaked out of the castle

THE SAME NIGHT, Aelora could not find sleep and quietly sneaked out of the castle. She had been stopped by multiple guards and stated that she is feeling nauseous and is going on a walk for some fresh air.

The princess didn't know where she was walking, her feet just lead her and deep inside of her it felt this was the right thing to do. She had reached the beach and was startled by a loud screech that came from behind the corner.

Aelora felt frightened by this, but still in wonder of whose dragon it was. The girl slowly peeked out and was met with firing dark eyes. She glanced to the side and felt even more frightened. The dragon lowly growled at her which made Aelora take multiple steps back, but the dragon just followed her in amusement.

"Qilōni issi ao??" (Who are you?) She questioned in High Valryian, gulping down her saliva as she slowly stopped in her tracks. The dragon stopped his noises and slowly got onto his feet and flashed his huge tan wings. Then  realisation hit the young princess ,

"Ao sagon Vermithor. Se Brāedāzma Vēdros."(You're Vermithor. The Bronze Fury.) Her eyes widen, but confusion quickly overwhelmed her. Why was he here? And why didn't he attack her yet?

Vermithor let out a chirp of confusion and tilted his head to the side, noticing her confused face as she kept her glance to the side. "Hm?"She hummed and the dragon lowered his head towards her.

He wants me to claim him? The second largest dragon in Westeros? Me? She thought to herself, knowing if she didn't try, she's going to get burned to ashes.

Aelora slowly lifted her hand as it began shaking from fear. "Lykiri, Vermithor.." She spoke in her soft voice and the dragon melted on the touch of her hand. Aelora smiled in excitement and into knowing that with this dragon, Aemond couldn't compete with her.

Vermithor lowers his body onto the ground for her to climb and Aelora slowly moved her hand off of his head as she walked towards his tail-admiring his size and colour of scales. He really is beautiful.

Aelora noticed his sharp spikes and that he had no saddle on, meaning she was the second person to have the honour to claim him as her own.

The princess held onto his spikes toughly, "Soves, Vermithor!" She ordered and after a second of silence, Vermithor slowly got onto his feet and ran until he pushed himself off of the ground into the air. Aelora let out a scream of how fast he was followed by his loud roar which had awakened half of the castle.

Rhaenyra had not found her daughter in her room until she had heard the loud roar that came from the sky. She quickly got on the balcony followed by Aemond.

Vermithor with a 'smile' on his face flapped his wings and got even faster into the sky, "Please don't kill me! Please don't kill me!" Aelora yelled and motioned the dragon to the side. Vermithor finally calmed his speed and he flew above King's Landing with Aelora watching the town under them with her chest pressed against his back and a smile on her face.

She lands with him next to the dragon pit and Vermithor declines to go inside. "Skoros's pirta?" (What's wrong?)

Vermithor lets out a humph and turns his head away from the pit. Aelora glances between him and the pit confused, realising he's too big for it and probably will not like it.

The princess climbs off of him carefully and slides her hand against his scales, "Nyke līs return iemnȳ." (I must return inside)

Aelora got to his head and placed her forehead in between his muzzles,  "Kirimvose,Vermithor" (Thank you, Vermithor)

Vermithor lets out a chirp, knowing if he could speak, he would thank her back.

Aelora quickly returned into the castle, only to be pulled to the side from a corner. "Aemond? Whatever you are doing awake at this time?" She questions the boy who weakly looks at her.

"I had heard you are going to be gone by the morrow, I wanted to apologise." He stated. "Apologise for what? Cutting my shoulder and leaving me with a scar or attacking my brothers with insults?" Aelora spoke sarcastically and angrily. There was nothing to apologise for, he did what he did and got temporary scar in return.

Just as Aemond was about to speak, Aelora pulled her hand away from his. "I apologise for my outburst, m-my prince. I think it's for the best for us to part ways..as friends." She spoke and lowered her head.

"Aelora, I-" Aemond stuttered out, hurt by her words. "Have a pleasant night, my prince." Aelora bowed down her knees before quickly rushing back into her chambers as he watched her. Even though he had lost an eye and regained a dragon, the prince had lost the only person he find himself to trust. His only friend.

He harmed my brothers and now wishes to apologise? How dumb does he find me?! I hate him..I hate Aemond Targaryen. Aelora shaken her head to forget her thoughts as she had entered her chambers and slammed the doors behind her.