04

Present

Present

SIX YEARS HAVE PASSED
since Rhaenyra's marriage with Daemon and the depart of her and their children from King's Landing. Six years since the incident with Aemond and Lucerys. Six years since Aelora had became Vermithor's rider. Six years...since the two young targaryen's parted ways, only for it to end.

Aelora was playing with her youngest brother, Joffrey as Jacaerys practiced his High Valyrian. The princess was now nine and ten of age as she had enjoyed her life without being wed to anyone yet.

Daemon Targaryen joins his children and wife in the hall and pulls Rhaenyra to the side. Aelora picks up Joffrey into her hands and gives him to one of the maids as she sends Jacaerys to leave.

The princess notices her parents' expression change. "Mother, Father." She calls them, reminding them of her presence.

Rhaenyra faces her daughter, "Lora, leave and prepare yourself and your brothers. We're returning to King's Landing." She simply spoke, not mentioning anything else. Aelora was confused by her sudden order, but did not question it.

Daemon and Rhaenyra Targaryen sail to King's Landing to support Lucerys' claim before the Iron Throne, followed by Vermithor with Aelora on his back in the sky. The dragon lets out a loud roar, informing the King's Landing of their arrival.

The two parents leave and visit the king as Aelora with her brothers visit the training yard.

The princess notices multiple looks on the three of them as so does Lucerys. Aelora notices her brother's expression change after seeing the glances they were receiving while Jacaerys examined the weapons.

"Is there something troubling you?" Aelora steps forward to the bearded old man with an old woman by his side. They all keep quiet and simply glance away, "That's what I thought." She says with a lowered tone and turns back to her brothers.

"Thank you, sister." Lucerys spoke. Aelora smiles to her brother and watches Jacaerys practice with the new sword.

"No one would question me being heir to Driftmark if...if, I looked more like Ser Laenor Velaryon than Ser Harwin Strong." Lucerys expresses his thoughts, followed by comfort of his brother who states that no one cares what they think.

Aelora stands behind them and places her hands onto their shoulders, "He's right, Luke. Believe me, no one will dare to say a word to both of you..if they do, I will happily cut off their tongues. Or feed them to Vermithor. Or-"

"Not everything is solved with violence, Aelora." Lucerys cuts her off. "It is if someone questions the birthright of my little brothers." She ruffled her hands through their hairs with a chuckle.

Their moment was cut off by multiple cheers and swords clanking against one another in the distance. Jacaerys pulls his brother closer as the they watch. Aelora paces around the crowd, wanting to see the face of this white haired man with such fighting skills, thinking she could take him on.

But it all hit her when his eyes met hers and a quick smirk appeared onto his face as he won the match with the tip of his blade on Ser Criston's neck.

It can't be..

"Well done, my prince. You'll be winning tourneys in no time." Criston spoke with cheers and claps behind him. "I don't give a shit about tourneys." Aemond stated, until his glance switched to the two brothers.

"Nephews.." he started, "have you come to train?"

Oh, It definitely is him. Aelora thought to herself and noticed the terrified faces on her brothers. She pulled out the sword out of its sheath that was hidden under her cloak,

"I have.." Aelora steps into the circle and whips the sword in her hand. "Well, well, if it isn't my favourite niece..Have you enjoyed the show?" Aemond questioned as the two walked in a circle.

"Maybe. But the show I can put on, would be so much better." She teased. Aemond noticed how she had looked the same as she did years ago, only that she had regained curves and even longer hair that were tied in a half-up half-down bun.

Aelora also noticed his changes. His long hair, the dark eyepatch and how taller he had grown from her.

Their moment was cut off by the gates opening and Vaemond Velaryon stepped inside with his guards. Aemond kept his gaze on the princess that stood in front of him, her grip on the sword even tightening as well as she clenched her jaw from anger at the sight of the man.

______

On the next morning, Otto Hightower sat on the throne. "What the bloody hell is he doing on there?" Aelora spoke quietly as anger fuelled her body. "Keep your temper. We do not want heads flying around the hall." Rhaenyra whispered to her daughter.

Vaemond was called in first as he began speaking,

"The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our fore bearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name."

Aelora shaken her head slightly moving the pieces of her hair off of her face as she had ignored half of what Vaemond was saying, with a pair of eyes on her.

"The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryion runs through my veins." Vaemond spoke and was quickly cut off by Rhaenyra, "As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon. If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition."

"You will have chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra. Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard." Alicent spoke.

"If he wants for his petition to be heard by the entire hall, then it is his duty to speak for the entire future of his house..and not just who he wishes to be the next in line." Aelora added, receiving a grip on her forearm by her mother who sent her a 'be quiet' look.

Vaemond faces Rhaenyra, "What do you know of Velaryon blood, princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognise it."

I could carve out your heart and feed it to Vermithor and people would still find you as a fool. Aelora thought to herself and glanced towards her uncles, noticing Aemond's gaze on her. The princess did not let him have the satisfaction and accepted his challenge, looking back at him into his eye.

Vaemond had finished his speech as it was now Rhaenyra's turn to speak for her son, catching Aelora's attention as she looked away from Aemond. She notices he held his chuckle by scratching his nose as she places her middle finger and scratches the bridge of her nose.

"If I am to grace this farce with some answer, I will start by reminding the court that nearly 20 years ago, in this very.."

The gates opened as two kings-guards stepped in front with Viserys, with the help of his cane in the middle. Otto slowly stood up from the throne at the sight of the king. Aelora smiled to herself and lowered her head at the sight of shocked faces of Vaemond and Otto.

This is going to get interesting..