31

ALICENT SLAMMED THE DOORS close as she entered Aegon's chambers upon hearing the gossip of Aelora's successfully entering in the Red Keep and threatening the King

ALICENT SLAMMED THE DOORS close as she entered Aegon's chambers upon hearing the gossip of Aelora's successfully entering in the Red Keep and threatening the King. Aegon confusingly sat up from his bed, clearing his vision and was quick to be met with a hard contact of his mother's palm against his cheek.

"How couldn't you not tell me of her appearing in your chambers at night? How could you let yourself feel threatened by her? Rhaenyra's daughter at last!" Alicent yelled at her oldest son as Aegon clenched his teeth and held his now red cheek.

Alicent watched her son with pity and disgust, until Aegon was now to yell as he furiously pushed his covers away and stood up, "What was I supposed to do? Huh? I killed her brothers, mother! On behalf of my Hand's advice, the grief that she is feeling is now on my back! Not yours!"

Alicent's eyes widen upon hearing her son anger. Aegon always sat quietly and let her yell until she stopped, but the King was too stressed for his mother's tantrums. Their argument was heard through the Red Keep which made Otto rush into the room as Aegon continued-ignoring his grandfather's presence.

"You all have been focusing on me and bringing death upon Aelora, that you haven't noticed that Aemond left. He had made his decision, time is coming faster than ever when I will make mine." Aegon spoke clearly, for his words to stay in Alicent's head. The Queen let out a sigh as she sat down on one of the chairs and in frustration rubbed her forehead,

"What did she have to offer?" Otto questioned, bringing their attention to him and his presence as he stepped over to them. "Let her have the throne freely, or she will bring death upon us all. " Aegon answered keeping his glance on his mother. Otto let out a frustrated sigh as Aegon continued,

"I am not a fool, and neither was Aemond when he chose her side. The only regret I feel is that I ever listened you into attacking her brothers-"

"They are not her brothers!" Alicent yelled out, silencing the room. "And neither is Rhaenyra your sister!" The Queen continued and stood up to her son, "They are your enemies. Everything we did was necessary to put you on the throne." The mother cupped her son's face into her hands, glancing sadly into his eyes. But Aegon's eyes were only filled with anger and guilt as Aelora finally opened his eyes. The King placed his hands on hers and spoke;

"And the decision I shall make, will also be necessary. For yours, and for my family's life." With those words spoken, Alicent felt her heart shatter as Aegon simply exited his chambers while the queen couldn't keep her glance steady, her eyes filling with tears and her ears filled with Aegon's last step as he shut the doors close.

"Alicent...We can still attack with my proposal." Otto spoke to his daughter, meaning on sending men to slaughter the Blacks. "And what then? Aegon fell under her spell as much as his brother did. Even if we do kill her, her dragons would go mad." Alicent replied, not daring to speak Aelora's name. Only the sound of it sending people to shiver.

Alicent turned to Otto, "No living war dragon would do anything without their rider's command." Otto reminded his daughter as she scoffed,

"Aelora...isn't just any kind of Targaryen, father." She started, gritting out her name. "Yes, she has the silver locks and violet irises, but no man can have such connection, such power over those flying creatures." Alicent spoke confidently, approaching him as she starred into her father's- Otto Hightower's eyes.

"Dragons would go mad if they would feel ordered around, but not at her. She has the Cannibal for her protection, shall we not speak of Vermithor at last. No dragon has been this calm over pressured orders until she was born!" Alicent yelled out the last sentence furiously.

The queen was always scared of the winged creatures, but a dragon being born into a woman...Rhaenyra's and Daemon's daugther...May the Gods be on their side if battle shall come.

"Viserys wouldn't go with the murder of his daughter, nor his first granddaughter!" Alicent snapped once again into his face at the silence that came from Otto. "She is just a girl-!" Otto yelled out and was cut off by his daughter once again who pointed her index finger towards him,

"No," Alicent shook her head as she bit onto her lower lip. "Men have underestimated women long enough. You, father, have underestimated Aelora Targaryen long enough." With that sentence, the queen left her hand standing in the chambers alone.

Alicent was scared for herself and her children, truth be told-she was terrified. She knew that at fault for her betrayal of Rhaenyra was his fault for even suggesting to be married to the King. Otto was at fault for many things, but if his decisions were to place the innocent life of Healena and her children, she will not hesitate to kill him first. Now she knew how Rhaenyra felt loosing both of her oldest sons...then the question was, How would Vermithor and Cannibal react to loosing their mother?

Whatever decision Aegon makes, Alicent will stand beside him. Even if it means burning in flames, she would stand beside him-Holding his hand and telling him that everything is going to be fine. But she is his mother for a reason..If she couldn't guide her Aemond to glory as another woman did, she would guide Aegon to the path where only lives of innocents would be sparred.

King Aegon knew Aelora was fuiling with rage, only waiting patiently for his decision. His life would end in whatever decision he decides, but his mother's, his children's life wouldn't. He was not innocent at last, Aelora knew that too well as so did Aemond. As so did everyone.