29

THE RED KEEP WAS QUIETand only whispers of guards were heard as the three made their way to the secret tunnels and into Aelora's previous chamber

and only whispers of guards were heard as the three made their way to the secret tunnels and into Aelora's previous chamber. As they were getting closer, Aemond stopped and turned to the woman who sent him a confusing look. "What are you waiting for? Go!" She yelled in a whisper and motioned Aemond to continue. With the torch in his hand, he glanced to Cregan before continuing down the path.

The men were first to climb inside of the chamber and their loud whispers have woken the sleeping woman in the room. She jumped out of her bed in fear with a scream that got Aelora to flinch. Cregan was fast to place his palm on top of her lips as only loud mumbles escaped her.

"What the?- Who in the bloody hell are you?" Aelora whispered out and shared glances with Aemond who simply rolled his eyes in annoyance. "And what the hell is she doing, sleeping, in my chambers?" Aelora's tone got demanding and louder as Aemond was now the one to place his free hand on her mouth. The queen furrowed her eyebrows in anger and pushed his hand away.

"Your chambers?!" The woman yelled out as she escaped Cregan's grip, "My prince, is she one of your whores?" She turned to Aemond. Aelora's eyes widen at her words as she pulled out Black Cloud from its sheath, "I dare you to say that again."

The men were quick to react which made the queen's hood fall off. While Cregan stood in front of Aelora and motioned her with his eyes to remain calm, the queen was still in questioning what that woman was to Aemond. "Aelora, this is Anysa Hightower. My mother's younger cousin. Anysa, this is Aelora Targaryen-."

"Queen Aelora, for her." Aelora corrected him as Anysa scoffed upon her sentence which made the Silver Queen turn to her, "I had heard about you,"

Anysa started as she approached Aelora who was still peeking her head from Cregan's tall body in front of her, "Of course you did." Aelora spat. She wasn't threatened by her presence, but was angered by them just simply giving up her chambers. "Hm. Daemon's temper, I see." Anysa spoke. Aelora got out of Cregan's grip and elbowed the dark-haired woman in the head as she fell with a thud.

"His short temper." Aelora whispered to herself and towered over the unconscious body of the Hightower woman. With a last look to impressed look by the Lord and Aemond's glance on his mother's cousin, she pulled over her hood and exited the chambers.

The three successfully managed to enter Aegon's chambers with knocking out the two kingsguards that guarded the doors and leaving their bodies in a corner while Aelora made her way inside. The woman tickled the uncovered foot of the king which made him move his leg away and sit up quickly. He rubbed his eyes together, to clear his vision as Aelora's face was seen with the moonlight striking her face.

"Don't scream." She ordered. Aegon, tired and confused by this all, stayed quiet. Aelora stood at the end of his bed with her hands rested together in front of her stomach as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"I have not come to kill you..yet, if that is what you wonder." Aelora started with a dark chuckle and a shook of her head while Aegon looked at her madly with a tilt of his head to the side and a cocked eyebrow. "Yet." He replied.

_____
Meanwhile, Aemond and Cregan were guarding the in-front of the doors with simply clears of throats heard by the Lord. "Can you stop that?" Aemond questioned keeping his glance to the wall in the front. "My apologies, my prince. I must inform Her Grace of my current sick condition." Cregan replied doing the same as him.

" 'Ts rather weird how you Starks get any kind of sickness with constantly wearing those animal furs." Aemond replied with a hidden smirk. "I see you haven't spend much time on the North. Our weather is different from yours." Cregan spat which made Aemond glare at him.

"Dragons and Wolfs are not so compatible, Lord Stark." Aemond simply replied and turned his head forward. "They both embody strength and cunning. Something both me and Queen Aelora share, prince Aemond."
_______

"Yet, soon, tomorrow, gods know when. I had not came to argue, but to give you...a chance. Not a chance of survival, dragons be damned- no, but a chance to not burn this whole castle down." Aelora spoke clearly and started to walk across his room, touching every vase, every picture that was placed against the wall.

"Talk or I'm having your head on a spike with just one call." Aegon spat hungrily. Aelora smiled to herself at his demand, "You won't," She turned to him with the same expression that scared Aegon in some way. "And you can't. Your kingsguards are currently in another world at the end of your hallway and with my men in front of your doors; I wouldn't be so confident." Aelora spoke, referring to Aemond and Lord Stark as her men and knights that protected her.

Upon Aegon's silence, Aelora began to speak again and making her way to another side of the room slowly. "I even helped you to escape from the duties, the enemies, the wars!- but for dragon's sake, you really are stupid." Aegon held his tongue not to reply to her comment as she continued, "I know you, uncle. I know you haven't changed your thoughts and you are forced to rule by Otto, just because you love feeling the power of control."

Aelora turned to Aegon with more anger filling inside of her body, "I have something no one else can offer you, uncle."

"What?" Aegon questioned. "Your life." Aelora gritted out through her teeth as she held her palms more firmly and tighter. "Bend the knee and have me known as the rightful queen in front of the whole King's Landing..or die." She threatened and took steps forward, "With your mother, your Hand and your Lord Commander. Refuse, and the people shall know who to blame when the sky falls upon them."

"You wouldn't dare." Aegon gritted out in anger as he gripped his sheets. "I can, and I will. You had no mercy on my family, I sure as hell won't have any for yours. I will be sure not to attack until the next full moon which is when I am giving you time to decide your answer. Time's ticking, Your Grace." Aelora spoke and turned her back to Aegon who simply sat there.