11

AFTER HEARING OF HER unborn sister's death, Aelora was devastated

unborn sister's death, Aelora was devastated. She had always wanted a sister, but the gods didn't full-fill all of her prayers. The princess stood on her balcony, overlooking the sea with Vermithor and Vhagar flying in the sky together. The two dragons shared a connection that was hard to break, someone would say they were in love..but at fault were their riders.

Aelora had her hands relaxed on the edge of the balcony as she enjoyed the breeze that flew past her white locks and how peaceful she felt. Aemond entered her room upon hearing the sad news of his half-sister's babe.

The prince placed his comforting hands on her forearms and slowly slid them to her hand before interlocking his fingers with hers. Aelora smiled at his touch and rested her head into the crook of his neck as the two watched their dragon roam in the sky freely.

"Why cannot it always be like this?" She questioned softly. Aemond hummed on her questioned, "Like what, my princess?" Aelora placed his hands around her waist as she kept her palms on top of his, "Peaceful. I have returned to my home..with you. 'Ts all I ever prayed for...a peaceful life."

Aemond placed a kiss onto her temple and rested his head on top of hers, "Some say we are more closer to gods than we are to men...they say that because of our dragons. In some people's eyes, we are gods..why cannot I fulfill my own prayers?" She questioned softly.

"I do not know, Issa prūmia," (my heart) Aemond replied, "I am glad the gods lend an ear to me in one thing." She spoke with a soft chuckle. The prince with his hands on her waist makes her face him, "In what?" He questions. Aelora placed her hand on his cheek and caressed his scar with her thumb, "You." She whispered.

Aemond smiled down at her as he placed his free palm behind her head and pulled her towards him. He rested his eyes close and had applied a soft meaningful kiss onto her forehead which made the princess smile softly.

Their peaceful time was soon interrupted by one of the guards who had informed them of Aelora's sister's funeral. Aelora wore an all black ensemble with a high neck, winged sleeves, leather pants and boots found underneath with her hair tied back in multiple braids and a dragon chain around her torso-claiming to her name 'The dragon's daughter'.

The princess kept her breaths steady with Aemond placing his hand on her lower back as they joined the rest on the cremation of the child. Lucerys and Jacaerys both shared multiple glances upon seeing the man that swore revenge on them for taking his eye, now comforting their sister in a lovingly and caring way.

Ser Erryk Cargyll arrives alone during the cremation of the child. He presents the stolen crown of the late king, and bends the knee to Rhaenyra. Daemon places it on her head and everyone kneels before the Black Queen.

________
The Black Council stood around the painted table as they had informed their Queen of their standings. Aelora stood on her father's left side with Aemond next to her.

"We have sent word to my loyal men in the City Watch. I'll have some support there, but I cannot speak to the numbers." Daemon spoke, supported by one of the men of the council that had informed the queen of a raven sent to Lord Grover who was a good friend of King Viserys.

"Lord Grover is fickle and easily swayed. He will need to be convinced of the strength of our position, and that we will support him should it come to war." Rhaenyra spoke. "I'm going to treat with him myself." Daemon stated which made the queen glance at him as other men of the council discussed of House Baratheon.

The council judges that the great lords of the realm, such as Cregan Stark of Winterfell, Grover Tully of Riverrun and Borros Baratheon of Storm's End, could be convinced to join their cause. Rhaenys is reluctant to declare House Velaryon for Rhaenyra in the absence of her husband, Lord Corlys Velaryon, who is getting better and is sailing home.

"Pray forgive my bluntness, Your Grace, but talk of men is moot. Your cause owns a power that has not be seen in this world since that days of Old Valyria; Dragons. " One of the older men spoke, "The Greens have dragons as well." Rhaenyra added.

"They have two adult dragons, by my count. We have Syrax, Caraxes, Meleys. Your sons have Vermax, Arrax and Tyraxes. Baela has Moondancer." Daemon spoke, cut off by Rhaenyra who stated that no of those dragons have been to war.

"Your eldest daughter, called by the people itself; The Lady of the Skies has Vermithor. And her little rat over there has Vhagar, also known as a war dragon." He spoke and tilted his head to Aemond who let out an exhale, "There are also unclaimed dragons..Seasmoke still resides on Driftmark. Grey-Ghost and Silver-Wing dwell on the Dragonmont, still riderless." Daemon shared a glance with his oldest daughter. He always sensed Aelora was special, including claiming a wild dragon and creating a special bond with him at a young age.

"Then there are three wild dragons, all of whom nest here." Aelora added, supporting her father, followed by her mother's question who will ride those dragons. "Dragons tone about 13 to their 4. I also have a score of eggs incubating in the Dragonmont." Daemon spoke and continued with his plan of surrounding King's Landing with their dragons.

The council is put on pause when the envoys of the greens arrive on Dragonstone.

"Alert the watchtowers. Sight the skies." Daemon ordered, grabbing his sword and leaving the room followed by Aelora and Aemond.

The two got to the exit as Aelora suggests for Aemond to stay with the others which the prince refused to do. "Aemond, It is better for them not to know you are here. Vermithor will fly away with Vhagar and return when Otto leaves." Aelora stated. Her bond with the wild dragon was intense. He had sensed her feelings more than any dragon does with their rider as she had trusted him fully.

Aemond let out a groan before agreeing, "Be careful." Aelora nods. The prince placed a quick kiss onto her head before she exited the room.

Otto presented Alicent's terms to Rhaenyra; in exchange for her submission to Aegon, Rhaenyra will keep Dragonstone as her seat and pass it to Jace upon her death, Aelora would be wed to Aegon as she would be crowned queen of the realm.

"I piss on you and your drunken of a King." Aelora spat her saliva in front of Otto's feet and had heard enough as she entered the castle. Aemond had noticed her tension as she furiously entered the room. "They wish to wed me to that stupid brother of yours who doesn't know how to sail away when even I was the one that helped him." Aelora blurted out in frustration and whisper as her eyebrows furrowed in anger.

She accusingly put her finger into Aemond's face, "And don't you dare say you love to see me when I am mad, because I am furious, Aemond!" Aelora exited the room as her yells echoed through the halls, "Boiling of anger! Fuelled with dragon's fire! I swear when I get ahold of that stupid, drunk, not washed head of his-ARGH!"

Aemond stood there in shock as her voice faded away and he slowly turned to the council who were watching him with shook eyes. Good luck to anyone that is to be wed with the princess.