23

IT WAS THE DAY OF LUCERYS' funeral which only the Blacks and Lord Stark were present at

IT WAS THE DAY OF LUCERYS' funeral which only the Blacks and Lord Stark were present at. Aelora wore a black dress with the same coloured cloak which had a hood. She had her half of her hair braided which were tied into a bun on the back of her head. The funeral was silent as only the cracks of wood were heard by the fire. The body of Lucerys was in fact not found, by the waves of the sea that had fallen across the shore-taking what's left of him.

Jacaerys held the clothing that was found of Lucerys as he stood next to Rhaenyra and Joffrey. Aelora stood directly in front of the fire, a little bit away from her mother and her two brothers as the fire's sparks were seen in her irises. Cregan Stark kept his distance from the family as he hadn't known the young prince, but close enough to let Aelora know he was there for her.

Daemon steps over to Aelora, placing his hands onto her lower back and leaning down to her ear. "Ziry iksos jēda, Lora." (It's time, Lora) Aelora's heart broke even more by hearing the nickname Lucerys came up with. When the young prince was young, the only thing he could say was 'Lola' referring to his sister. The princess took a deep breath, stopping herself from breaking down in front of everyone as she already felt a lump in her throat appearing.

"Issa prūmia iksos ōdrikagon, kepa.." (My heart is hurt, father) She spoke out. Daemon placed a kiss onto her temple, "Pōnta jāhor zālagon ondoso se perzys hen zaldrīzes syt skoros pōnta ēdan gaomagon, issa dōna hāedar" (They will burn by the fire of the dragon for what they had done, my sweet girl)

Aelora relaxed her eyes as Daemon motioned to Jacaerys to bring the clothing of their brother. Aelora took them as Jacaerys sent her a comforting nod and the princess returned him a sad smile. She made her way to the fire and took in the last scent of Lucerys' clothing, "Nyke jāhor avenge ao, issa dōna valonqar.." (I will avenge you, my sweet boy.) Aelora whispered to herself and slowly placed the clothing into the fire as the Velaryon's and Cregan's eyes widen in respond that the flame hasn't harmed Aelora.

She took a step backwards and as she watched his clothing fall apart, she had realised Lucerys wasn't given a proper burial as a dragon rider. Just now, Aelora felt this anger finally release from her. The realisation and the words from Lord Stark hit her...

The side that makes you what you are. The side every ruler should have.

The side that makes her a Targaryen. The gods must be foolish to keep flipping with her coin as it doesn't wish to land on any of the sides. But, she knew simply burning down the whole Red Keep wouldn't be the solution. It wouldn't bring Lucerys back nor it would make Aemond return. It would make him feel the same as she is feeling now; hurt.

Aelora knew that the war with the Greens must be won with a smart tactic, not a murdering one. She will need to get to Aegon and make him kneel to her for the war to be won. For the justice to be served.

Cregan Stark watched the Targaryen princess lost and tense as he approached her. The Lord placed his hand onto her right shoulder as Aelora relaxed by the touch of the man she felt she could trust. The princess turns to him and sends him a soft smile as her eyes were already filled with tears. Cregan lifts his other hand and brushes away the tear that escaped her eyes with his thumb as Aelora's lips parted by his sudden touch.