19

JACAERYS HAS RETURNED from his journey to the north and after hearing the murder of his brother, he was angry as much as Aelora was

JACAERYS HAS RETURNED from his journey to the north and after hearing the murder of his brother, he was angry as much as Aelora was. But the brother hadn't expected this to happen and visited the Winterfell as well, where with him has returned the Wolf of the North.

After Aelora had heard about her brother's return, she was first to rush outside to the beach where the ship of Cregan had gone ashore. Jacaerys hugged his sister tightly as Aelora stroked his hair and placed a teary kiss onto his forehead, glad he hasn't left her.

"Dear sister, what happened?" Jacaerys spoke worryingly after embracing the skinny body of his sister. Aelora smiled sadly with her hands still on the sides of his face with his on top, "Don't worry about it, Jace. I'm glad you have returned.." The princess caught his glance as he had spoken with Rhaenyra.

Aelora felt her heart speed up by the sight of the Lord. She had knew when Aemond returns, he won't be happy to see the man he barely cooperated with, now on Dragonstone. Closer to Aelora.

"Princess Aelora," Cregan called with a soft closed smile. As he stepped forward to the silver haired princess, the ground shook from as a giant breeze of wind swept over overwhelming everyone. Jacaerys stepped backwards upon seeing the two dragons growl with dangerous eyes.

Aelora let out an exhale of annoyance, "Ziry iksos īlva raqiros, daor qrinuntys hen ñuhon." (He is our friend, no enemy of mine.) She turned her head to the black scaled dragon and whispered softly as he lowered his growls and stepped away with the Bronze Fury by his side.

Aelora had noticed the strange expression on her brother, "I will explain everything later." she simply spoke and left, passing past Cregan and giving him a slight nod in gesture of welcoming him on Dragonstone.

______

Aemond had successfully sneaked into the Red Keep, leaving Vhagar on one of the hills close to King's Landing. The prince reached the throne room as he easily defeated the two guards who were protecting the meeting that was held inside. Aemond pinned one of the kingsguards towards the wall and placed his dagger onto his neck. The guard's eyes widen at the sight of the prince that had left with their princess Aelora, "P-Prince Aemond," He spoke.

Aemond instructed him of what his duty was if he wishes not to be slaughtered in front of the large doors.

The Hightowers, Aegon, and the whole council turned their glances to the exit upon hearing the loud doors open,

The kingsguard cleared his throat, "Prince Aemond of House Targaryen, First of his name and Protector of the Realm."

Alicent's eyes widen upon hearing the name of her second born son as he stepped into the room. Aemond wore a devilish smirk as his eyes glanced from Alicent to Aegon who slowly lifted from his chair, "Good afternoon, family!" He greeted as he couldn't hold the proud smile upon seeing the shocked faces of his mother and grandfather.

"Guards!" Otto shouted. Aemond glanced behind him and noticed the frightened face on the kingsguard and the other one who coldly layed unconscious on the floor. "Brother, what are you doing here?" Aegon questioned as he stepped off of the throne.

"How dare you step foot into this hall? Into this city?" Alicent cut off her son and furiously stepped over to Aemond. "Well, mother, It seemed to me that you all..are foolish!"

Alicent furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she stepped backwards while Aemond laughed, thinking that her son had gone mad. "Oh, how hilarious I am. Anywho, I had came for Helaena,"

His eyes then glance to Aegon, "You really thought my Aelora would not bring hell upon you all? Killing that strong boy was a terrible move to do, brother." Aemond spoke as his tone turned dark. Alicent closed her eyes knowing where this was going.

"Aemond, Princess Rhaenyra is at fault for this war that is to come for not bending the knee for the Realm's truthful king-" Otto spoke and was quickly cut off by his grandson,

"Why?" Aemond turned his head to Otto, "For not letting a usurper take her birthright." He cocked his head to the side. "Aemond, he is still your king." Alicent interrupted. Aemond scoffed at her words, but her grace kept on going.

"Aemond, We are your family. Your blood. Do not turn your back on people who truly love and care for you. You will have a title, a place beside Aegon..just please, stay here." Alicent pleaded as she took her son's hands into hers. Aemond exchanged glance with the people that stood in the room. He knew this would be another stab to the heart for Aelora, but they were right. He would have a place beside his brother, maybe even be his Hand.

But was it all worth it for Aelora to then feel only hatred for him if these news pass to her? And how about her mother? Aemond's sister, Rhaenyra? She had began to like her half-brother even though her Aegon had killed her own son. Even Jacaerys had grown into slightly liking the man..but all of them did it for Aelora. He was doing it also for Aelora, right? He could maybe prevent this war to happen and everyone would be safe? Maybe..

But Aelora will not give up until justice is served for her brother. For her family and her mother's birthright..even if it means burning the whole city. She would do anything to get to the throne. And she will.