08

THE TARGARYEN PRINCESS with her long silver hair tied into a low bun and a hood over her head, paced through the crowd of the city in search for her uncle; Aegon

The princess wandered around the city until loud cheering brought her attention in a rat pit of Flea Bottom. The princess stopped and glanced around, upon noticing no familiar faces, she entered. She kept her head low and moved through the crowd slowly, only for her eyes to widen at the sight of children fighting in the center. The sight broke her heart as she had questioned one of the men beside her what this was all about,

"They have the children grow their nails and file their teeth. Makes them more formidable..exciting, isn't it?" The man spoke as he went back to cheering. Aelora felt awful by not knowing what happens in the city where she had grown in. As she glanced around the center, she had noticed short silver hair in the shadows. A small scared boy who was forced to battle, sat in a corner and hugged his legs who were placed against his chest. Aelora had realised this must be one of Aegon's children..or even Aemond's. But, no, Aemond wouldn't..right?

A tear slid down her cheek and hit her boot as she had seen enough and exited the building.

The princess kept her head low as she turned around in a corner, just in front of Street of Silk which Aegon had mentioned to her he had brought Aemond here on his thirteenth name day. But, someone else had already arrived before her.

His blue eye met her violet ones. Aelora was quick to rush past him as she began to run which confirmed Aemond's suspicions. The prince was quick to catch her and cage her with his arms as she had struggled to escape.

"You really thought I would not have found you? Ah, my princess, how foolish of you." He whispered in her ear. Criston jogged over to them as Aelora sent him a glare,

"Out of every Knight, you brought him?" Aelora scoffed, glancing behind only to be met with Aemond's chest. "Didn't have much of a choice. Calm down for god's sake!" He grunted out. Aelora rolled her eyes in annoyance and stopped resisting.

"Have you calmed down?" He questioned, followed by her nod. "You will not try to escape?" Aemond questioned again.

"Just let me go!" She brushed his hands away as he had released her. Aelora, without a word, made her way to the Street of Silk with the two men following behind.

She reached her hand up to knock, "We had already tri-" Criston's statement was silenced by her sudden pounding on the wooden doors. The prince and his knight share a look of shock and confusion as the doors open. An elder woman stepped out which caused Aemond in reflex to place his arm in front of Aelora protectively and move her beside him slowly.

"Sometime last night, we..misplaced our drinking companion. Knowing that he has been, in the past, a patron of your life establishment, we thought to inquire here as to his whereabouts." Criston spoke. "Then describe him." The woman spat. The Knight revealed who they had searched for and the woman revealed that Aegon, in fact hasn't been there for years.

She then wished the three luck in the search. Criston was the first to walk away as the woman changed her glance to Aemond, and Aelora had noticed he didn't wish to be recognised. "How you've had grown." The woman stated. Aelora noticed Aemond's reaction to this whole situation and held his hand in comfort, "Have a good evening." Aelora spoke with lowered head and followed after Cole.

"Here I am, trawling the city, ever the good soldier in a search of a wastrel who's never taken half an interest in his birthright." Aemond spoke and stopped, which made both Aelora and Cole turn back to face him.

" 'Tis I the younger brother who studies history and philosophy. It is I who trains with the sword, who rides the largest dragon in the world."

Aelora lets out a cough, "One of the largest." She cleared her throat with her fist in front of her mouth. "It is I who should be.." Aemond stopped and glanced away.

Aelora stepped forward to him, "There is still time, Aemond. Your brother can have a better life..far away from King's Landing. My mother will be queen and-"

Aemond glanced down to her and scoffed, "That is all you care about; getting your mother on the Iron Throne."

"It is her birthright as much as it is Aegon's and yours." She cut him off and spoke faster, narrowing her eyes to him. "When we find Aegon, I will give him two options. He will choose whichever he likes best.." She spoke and stood between the Knight and the prince,

"And those are what, princess?" Cole questioned. Aelora took a deep breath and glanced towards him, "Give up the throne to its rightful heir and bend the knee to my mother.." She spoke, "And the other?" Aemond asked.

Aelora said nothing more and continued walking. Everyone knew what the other choice was and they all know that Aelora won't give up until she gets her mother upon that throne..or even herself. Anyone, but Aegon or Otto.

______

The three follow the Cargyll twins who lead them to Aegon's location. The twins find Aegon but are stopped by Criston, Aelora and Aemond on their way back to the Red Keep.

Aegon escapes from one of the twins' grip and starts to run. Aemond glances to Aelora who simply stood there and watched Criston have a fight off, "What are you watching me for? It is your brother!" She shouted which made Aemond roll his eyes in annoyance before chasing after Aegon. Aelora slowly walked off the stairs and laughed at seeing Aemond grab his brother's leg, pulling him back and Aegon's giggles filling the air.

"Let me go!" Aegon shouted as Aemond held him hard, "I have no wish to rule!" This statement brought Aelora's attention and she slowly paced to the two brothers, "No taste for duty! I'm not suited!"

"After all, there is something we agree on!" Aelora exclaimed with a laugh. "Let me go, I will find a ship and sail away-never to be found." Aegon suggested and cupped Aemond's face in his hands. Criston joins the two and places an arm on Aegon, "The queen awaits." He spoke.

Aegon glances back to Aelora with pleading eyes. She rolls her eyes in annoyance, "Oh for dragon's sake." she mumbled out and elbowed the Knight into the temple of his head. In respond, he fell unconscious. Aelora grabbed Aegon's arm and pushed him behind her as she brought out her sword and placed the blade towards Aemond's neck. The prince stood there breathless as he couldn't hurt her even if he wanted to. He didn't want to.

"Accept my apology, love.." Aelora spoke with a smirk as exhausted Aemond watched her with the same glance he did in the hall when she had cut off Vaemond Velaryon's head off. A look of amusement.