prom and prejudices

Age: 17

Mom: Wanda maximoff
Mamma: Natasha Romanoff

(Disclaimer. I've never actually been to prom. We don't have that stuff here in Denmark 😅 so if anything is not accurate please do tell)

RandomWritesStuff28 thank you for the idea.. I'm sorry it's short but as mentioned I have no idea how prom works.
I also do not have the time to search up everything about prom

~~~~♥︎♡♥︎♡~~~~

Mom dragged me into a dress shop.
Ever since she found out I was going with Kate she had been hyper.

Going into every dress store she could find or constantly asking if Kate was coming over for dinner.

I love my mom, she's so supportive. However I'm a bit more scared to tell mamma.

Not because I don't love her. But because I don't know how she'll react. Of course dhe got married to a girl herself, but I'm not sure how she'll react to her daughter going to prom with a girl.

I know that she'll be supportive of me dating a girl. There's just this huge stereotype about prom, it having to be a girl and boy.

I saw Kate walking inside the store with clint.
"Mom?"

She heard my whispering yell and saw that I was pointing at Kate.
She rushed over and hugged kate, thanking her relentlessly for inviting me to prom.
Kate waved at me and i hid my blushing face.

Mamma came into the store and i froze. She didn't know that i was even invited, how did she find me?

"hi milaya" 

Mamma softly kissed my head and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.
"maria told me you were looking for prom dresses"

She was hinting towards something. i knew what it was but i was waiting for her to actually ask me.

"who's the lucky guy?"

"or girl"
she quickly added in. a sense of relief washed over me. I could tell her freely now.

"hi mrs. romanoff"

She hugged kate and smirked at  me. Almost as if she knew that it was kate.
mom and clint came back over.

"Kate do you mind if i go back to laura and the kids?"

She shook her head and he left with a blink of the eye.
"since we're both here we should totally match!"

I giggled at kate's comment. i don't think she was going to wear a dress.
I'm thinking more of a suit tailored for her beautiful body.
And i was right.

Mamma helped me choose a dress. Our school had a theme which ironically enough was heroes. So i choose a purple dress to match up with kate.

(for inspo)

Kate got a black suit with a purple butterfly and a purple clutch

Kate got a black suit with a purple butterfly and a purple clutch. Her shoes were purple aswell, the same model as mine.

(time skip to prom:)

I walked down the stairs in my dress and i catched a glimpse of mamma wiping away a tear. she never cries so this is a huge thing.

Kate's jaw dropped to the floor as if she had never seen me in this dress.
Smiles filled the room as I got fully downstairs.
Mom and mamma surrounded us, taking pictures of me and Kate.

Kate's hand snaked around my waist.
A couple more pictures were snatched before we went to the limousine.

Mamma had to go all out for prom. Sure enough, it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but still it's a bit too much.

I couldn't believe my eyes when we got to the hotel ballroom. It was filled with comic-like decorations and pictures of our year with different superhero.

And then of course. Our only superhero, my Kate. A big picture of me and her when she asked me for prom. Hung above the stage where the band played.

Everyone looked so gorgeous and there was a girl dressed up as mom serving drinks and small snacks.

It was all so beautiful that Kate had to nudge me when our picture was going to be taken.