CHAPTER 3 - The Wyvern Sanctum

It was four and a half days before James and the others had contacted Alexander again, as he boarded a Coaster Bus parked next to the Half Way Tree Transportation Centre. The voice was female and sounded rather urgent, 'Alexander, get off that bus...now!'

Alexander ignored it. After the first day had passed he'd wondered if the previous day was a dream caused by his magik in some weird twisted manifestation. By the third day he was convinced. Yet now, here was Kyra's voice in his head, warning him to get off his bus. Why?

'Are you sure you want to know?'

Well, yes. Why else would I be asking?

'Well if you must, they've found you.'

"They" who?

Suddenly two hands grabbed Alexander's shoulders and he felt his surroundings changing, Kyra they're taking me!

Focus on your location. Hold the image of where you are in you mind and will yourself to stay there.

Alexander tried to do as Kyra instructed but to no avail, It's not working!

'Then focus on me.'

'Now that was easier,' Alexander thought, 'she's morbidly interesting.'

'I heard that.'

Sorry...

The darkness came, but rather than the dying grey land Alexander had begun to see when the hands had first touched him, he was now in an ornately decorated room with black, red and gold colors and depictions of dragons along the walls. Looking down at his suddenly wobbling feet, Alexander realized he was standing on the image of a bird with outstretched wings encircled by Egyptian hieroglyphs.

"You're very fortunate." Alexander looked up and found that thrones had appeared around him, They must've been invisible. At the head of the bird sat James with the others going around. From his right: Pyro, Marius, Saiyan, Sapphira, Kyra, a new guy and then an empty chair on James' right. He must've been the one who'd spoken because the voice was unfamiliar.

"It's good to finally meet you, Arch Mage." Said the new guy.

"Alexander, my name's Alexander."

"Ah, forgive me. I am called Genisis in your language."

"And he happens to be Kyra's half-brained twin brother." came Marius' mocking tone.

Genisis' right hand doubled into a fist in his lap and his shadow began to rise from the ground. But then suddenly it was flattened as Kyra spoke, "Enough. We don't have time for this."

"She's right." said James as Genisis and Marius unwillingly relaxed, "There are more pressing matters to tend to."

"Yeah." Pyro added, "We found your predecessor."

"What for?" Alexander spoke for the first time since his untimely arrival.

"Your training, numb nuts."

"Oh. So where is he?"

"She." Sapphira corrected with a smile, "The Arch Mage before you was a woman."

"Oh."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Sapphira demanded, "All you men are just the same. You don't think women are good enough to match up the standards of your all important titles?"

"Ummm, I was just..."

"Just nothing! You rarely ever hear of the heroines in neither this nor any other world. Sexist views are just a plague that's corrupted the minds of every man, and even some women, in the universe. Ugh! It's comforting to know that at least the universe itself isn't sexist."