CHAPTER 15 - Original Sin

Lucifer smiled as he watched the weakest of his men killed in the Entrance Hall. Closing his inner eye and opening his physical ones, he rose from his bed and left his wives in their eternal states of lust. A long black-as-death coat appeared on Lucifer, as well as his biker-styled boots. The dark side of mankind had always impressed him with their sense of fashion. Slowly, and with an elegance that concealed his excitement, Lucifer left his Bed Chambers and walked down the hallway towards the Royal Court of Tartarus. The Essence of Love was here, right at his doorstep, and this time he would make damn certain she did not escape his grasp. But to do so, he would need assistance from an ally even Anaphaxeton was not aware of.

Just before entering the doors to the Court, Lucifer pulled back his sleeve and looked down at the symbol he inked into his wrist so many millennia ago. Copied from a stolen copy of Solomon's Grimoire, Lucifer had used this seal to bind an ancient evil to him, and now it was time to let it breathe.

"To do mine bidding,

To slay mine enemies,

The Titan of the Underworld,

Tartarus, I summon thee."

The seal glowed its many colors and warmed before vanishing. "Why have I been stirred?" A man stood by Lucifer's right, almost seven feet tall and chiseled to perfection. His fair skin was unscarred, every muscle twitching on a microscopic scale as his body pulsed for a fight. The being looked down at Lucifer, His long pitch-black hair hung over glowing blood-red eyes. A smile curved his lips, and when he spoke again, Lucifer saw his fangs and black tongue, "The last time I saw you, you had taken my home and imprisoned me. It had been so long since then I can only assume that my freedom is only temporary."

Lucifer waved his right hand and black steel armor appeared on Tartarus, "I prefer to see myself naked. Things such as you, disgust me."

Tartarus moved to attack Lucifer but was barred off by an unseen force.

Lucifer snickered, "You are bound Tartarus, remember that. Now come, we have killing to do."

The doors to the Court opened and Lucifer entered with Tartarus close behind him. Awaiting the Dark Prince, were his generals: Bael, Paimon, Beleth, Purson, Asmoday, Vine, Balam, Zagan and Belial. Four each were kneeled on both sides of the Dark Prince's throne, while Bael kneeled in the centre of the Court. They were asleep, waiting for their Prince's summons or a human dumb enough to summon them."Reis! Let the blood of Anaphaxeton that courses through our veins empower us. Reis! My brothers, the time for bloodshed... is now!"

They waited behind Alexander as he stood before the doors with his right palm on them.

Dennis felt fear pulsating from whatever was behind those doors, his every instinct overrun by a singular thought – flee. No, Dennis determined, I got this far, and I'm not about to turn back. And they need me, my friends need me...

Kryssana watched the Arch Mage overcoming his fear of what may lay beyond those doors, and it helped her to conquer her own fear. These were her friends, and through battle their bonds had strengthened, facing down every obstacle that had come their way. This was just another obstacle. The real fight was with the Whisperers, this enemy now was nothing but a detour. Kryssana rested a reassuring hand on Shift's right shoulder. Besides, she could always do with a little more blood...

Shift felt something being summoned behind those doors. Those tall, thick, creepy doors, with their creepy looking bones and their creepy looking giant auburn handles. Eleven beings waited for them now, nine were suddenly brimming with the same dark power that drove the first. The one that was summoned was... No, it couldn't be. Apprehension shook Shift to his core, he almost buckled with the realization, but Krysanna's sudden physical contact on his shoulder held him in place. Tartarus was alive, and he was under Lucifer's command. Oh shit.