CHAPTER 6 - King Solomon

The desert's a cruel place, and only those born in it can survive its heat alone. But the heat was never all there was to fear in the desert I was born in...

'twas the year 971 BC when I'd taken the throne of Israel. I spent most of my first three years visiting all the reaches of my kingdom and beyond, giving counsel to those who needed it. Until I came across a tall lad, whose eyes held all the wisdom of Abraham. He told me at the time that he was exploring the world and we became fast friends, inseparable. As the years went by, he taught me many things I never even dreamed was possible, even as I wrote it all down in a book I had made while we were in Greece.

On my twelfth year of rule, he came and saw me writing in my book. Smiling to me, he said, "One day they'll call that a grimoire."

I looked into those wizened eyes of his and I asked him, "Have I ever told you? Your manner of speaking differs greatly amongst any I have ever come across."

"But you understand me nonetheless." He said, "And now I must give you a parting gift my old friend... perhaps one day we'll meet again."

In a flash he was gone, yet it never bothered me. And when I went to rest that night, I had a dream.

"Of a door?" Alexander asked quickly.

Aye, the very same. By morning I had become an Arch Mage. All that knowledge and power at my disposal. But it was too dangerous, something I could not let fall into evil hands. So I finished my book with all the things my friend had taught me, and gave it to my son, Rehoboam, in secrecy. Some time passed as I cast a spell that brought seven of the world's greatest warriors to me. To them, I had sworn secrecy and told them everything.

On the night of my fortieth year of rule, I received a vision from the Universe, it was in danger. Threatened by a race of demons led by Malachi. I knighted my warriors and enchanted their weapons and armor, giving them the power to protect my family, for my death had to be faked that night. But they would live for as long as any immortal could, un-aging.

I would rather not speak of the battle that ensued between the demons and me, except to say that nothing can cure the wounds caused by a Slayer Demon. Barely alive, I fell unconscious at the gates of purgatory where I had engaged them before they could make it out of Sheol.

When I came to, I was in the Kingdom of Eden. A young woman -who turned out not to be so young- had informed me that I was in a coma that lasted a little over a millennium. My knights had changed their titles to the Templars and operated in the shadows, protecting my bloodline just as they were sworn to do.

"That woman, she was Nyxx wasn't she?"

Yes boy, now stop interrupting me, I am almost finished.

She told me I had a different set of Knights to train with now, and that my life was only just beginning. That was in October, 1943. In four and a half decades I was reacquainted with my oldest friend...Seth. He brought me to this place, where I learnt that while I was asleep, Galicia had had become an Arch Mage as well, and saved the Universe from Loki's Uprising.

And now here we are. You're the last of us lad, which means this will be our last fight. The day we have all been waiting for is nigh upon us...

"Just so you know," said Kyra as she stared blankly at the wall to her left with her head leaned back on the chair she sat in, "your grimoire is now accessible by the entire world."

"Ah...I see." King Solomon replied after taking a bite of something that looked like a chicken leg. But Alexander had seen no chickens since he had gotten to Galaxia. "It matters not. Therein lays no spell that would release the demons I've sealed away. And only those of my blood can undo the seals."

"So what happens now?" Alexander asked. So far he'd only drank the brew they had set for him, he was not about to eat just anything.

"Now," Seth replied, "You come with me." A feeling of warmth washed over Alexander just before he suddenly found himself in a forest under a full moon with Seth standing over him as he fell from the sitting position he was in. "Sorry about that."

Alexander took Seth's hand and pulled himself up, "Where are we?"

"NewSalem." The voice that replied came from behind Alexander, who turned around inresponse, "Welcome back Mi Amor." A hooded feminine figure stepped out of theshadows, yellow cat-like eyes glowing beneath the silver moonlight.