CHAPTER 13 - Sibling Rivalry

If you want to live, I suggest you do so...

Alexander had died; at least that was what he thought. He could no longer feel his heart beating. All that existed was his mind, and his body still sat there in the chair.

Okay this weird... I'm dead but I'm still here. If I want to live... of course I want to live, I have to. They still need me...

Warmth returned to Alexander's body, his atoms charged and his heart began to pulse slowly until it returned to its average rate. Then with a sharp gasp of air, Alexander woke up, fully healed and able to move again. Quickly, he got out the chair and looked around for Chaos then stopped himself, "Right, bastard's at a concert... seriously?!" Alexander looked up, waiting for some sign...nothing.

With no way of getting out, Alexander paced the circle for what seemed like an hour before Chaos finally returned with a smile, "Ah, the messiah lives."

"You killed me!" Alexander tried being furious but he was only annoyed at Chaos' nonchalance.

"Lighten up, Arch Mage." Chaos returned to his throne and relaxed, "So, what is it that you came to me for in the first place?"

"I thought you already knew." Alexander replied.

"I'm the Lord of Disorder and Destruction, not omniscient."

"Oh... Did you know The Whisperers were freed?" Alexander wondered how a being such as Chaos was not omniscient.

"So that's what that ripple in the cosmos was. And here I thought was just my father having gas again. You know, the first time he had gas he ruptured time and half of space. So who are these mysterious Whisperers anyway?"

Now this was ridiculous, "How do you not know them?"

"Are you paying attention? I'm not omniscient. Anything that has to do with the first five millennia of Time, I have no knowledge of. This is why I know about you Arch Mages: the tools in my father's box."

Remembering what Nyxx had said about Chaos being like a spoilt child, Alexander ignored the insult, "The Whisperers are supposedly the seven most dangerous beings in existence and they're goal is to destroy everything and rule over all that will be left in existence."

"So what's wrong with that? They sound like an ambitious group. It does me proud to see someone finally take some action in this glum place."

Alexander resisted shaking his head at Chaos' naivety, "Why don't you know anything of the first five millennia?"

"I had an argument with my father and got exiled for that period of time. Why?"

"While you were gone, The Whisperers almost destroyed everything in their quest for total domination. They were accidently created by the Universe...so in a way, they're your siblings."

"Their quest for what?!" Chaos rose out of his throne, "No-one, and I mean no-one, threatens my father but me! Siblings or not, they're going to die. What do you need?"

This was easier than I thought, with the exception of dying. "We need you to allow the Protogenoi to fight alongside an army that's being prepared to fight The Whisperers."

"Come to think of it, that explains why after my exile there were a lot less pantheons. And my Deyvanna... Why didn't anyone tell me?" As Chaos looked up at Alexander, his children appeared along the edges of the circle.

Chaos no longer smiled as he so often did since Alexander had first seen him, "Phanes, Nyxx, Ananke, Nemesis, Rhea, Erebus, and Thesis... before you, stands the fourth Arch Mage, Eternity. I want each of you to do two very simple things for me: protect him, and kill the whispering infestation that dares to threaten our inheritance. All but their leader, that is. When he's the last one left, summon me and I shall deal with him personally."