Suprise surprise!

Few weeks passed.After that dinner we did not go out or meet each other. I met Angel and Maya every weekend at the park and once a pic of us with headline "Mr.Stones girlfriend and daughter spending their weekend at a park exclusive pictures" what exclusive anyone who comes to that park can see us. Angel does have 2 body guards for her but they just wear casual dresses not their typical black suits as Angel is not comfortable with usual bodyguards.

Mary called me to the cabin and asked me to go for the presentation of our new project with her to the clients.

We entered the room and did the presentation and I could feel his gaze on me the entire time. After the presentation I went back to my floor while they continued meeting with the clients.

After some time Mary came and asked me to bring back the important file which she left there in that meeting room. I picked up the file and left the meeting room and while passing Caleb's cabin I couldn't help but overhear the conversation between Caleb and Harry.

Caleb: "I don't agree with you man. I know you don't need my permission but she is not a match for you in anyway or for your family"

I know they are talking about me and I want to listen. Well it's not eavesdropping when they are talking about me. Okay I agree it is. But they are talking about me and I want to know.

Harry was silent while Caleb was explaining how I am not a match for him and finally he spoke.

Harry: "I agree with all the differences you said but I love her man and isn't that enough?"

I couldn't believe what I just heard and quickly went into the elevator before someone noticed me. Once the doors of elevators closed I started grinning cheek to cheek. Yes yes I know I love him even though I act differently around him. Now I know our feelings are mutual. Yes apart from few casual conversations we had in our dates I don't know much about him. But everyday I wake up to see him, be near him and Angel I love her with all my heart. Yes my life is taking an unexpected turn and I don't care about anything else at the moment.

While walking back home I decided I need to tell him how I feel too. Maybe because of my indifference towards him he is not able to express his feelings towards me. I entered my room and changed into my pyjamas. I took my phone and messaged " Harry, I would like to meet you. I have something to discuss with you." Immediately I got a response from him "Sorry Nina. I am on my way to airport. I will be in our UAE office for a month. Can we meet after that?" I replied "okay. Nothing important. Have a safe journey". He responded " if anything comes up please contact Caleb. He will help you. I might not be available due to time difference. But still message me anything urgent please. I will reply to you😊." "Take care" I responded and kept the phone aside.

I should confess my love to him when he returns. I decided and lied down on my bed. Thinking about him.
****
Few weeks passed. I was in my room doing nothing.

There was a knock on the door. When opened the door there's Tessa and I hugged her tight. "It's been few days dear. Where the hell were you? "

Tessa: "shhh we have a guest"

I looked past her and there's a beautiful old lady who is definitely in her 60s but has done many work to look younger.

"This is Harry's mom."

"Hello Mrs.Stones" I politely invited her inside. Tessa told me that she will be in my room and left the scene immediately. I was bit nervous and gave Mrs.Stones a glass of juice. All these while her eyes are on me. Assessing me or judging me. After giving her juice glass I sat in front of her in the couch.

"Nina, I know how you are feeling with my unexpected visit. I am sorry for appearing in front of you like this. All these while I was expecting my son to introduce you to me. He has told me about you. How much he loves you. He said you need more time to concentrate on your career. I know I understand you don't know him that well because it's just few months. But I am here with a request. Please marry him"

I was shocked. I know we both love each other. But he did not even confess his feelings towards me directly. We did not even discuss about anything seriously. At this point we are like friends... who have feelings for each other. Now I know that he is taking time because he is giving me time to build up my career. I respect that. Whatever it is, it should be him who should bring up the marriage thingy.

Seeing my uncomfortable state she continued " I know dear. I am sorry for making you uncomfortable. And I should not be the one to discuss this matter with you first. But I don't have much time. But after his father's death my son struggled a lot. He always put others need and happiness first. He will never do anything for himself. I was so glad to know that he is in love. I am diagnosed with cancer. Today I got the final confirmation that I don't have much time. Before my death I want to do something for him. That is this marriage. I don't want to die as a mother who could never give anything to her son. Please Nina. Please help me "

I did not had words. I know things are complicated. But I can't say no to my love's mother who is nearing death. Can I?

I agreed. She was so happy and and told me that she is planning a surprise marriage on the day he is returning.