Repentance

Nina's POV:

After the breakfast Alex took Angel and went into the garden and I immediately followed them.

After speaking to him after these many years I was totally relieved. While talking to him I saw Harry looking at us from the office room. Alex promised to keep our past secret as it is not going to do any good for any of us. Now I know why did I felt this strong connection to Angel.

After talking with Alex I decided to go and speak with Harry. It's of no use of postponing this talk. What he told is correct. I destroyed his life and happiness with his love. I have to do everything to fix this issue. Because it all happened because of my selfishness. I thought only about my feelings, my happiness and my future. But I love him sincerely with all my heart and the only thing I can do for him is to do whatever it is required to make him happy again. He believes that I married him for money. Let it be like that. It will be a stupid thing to let him know that I love him in this situation. I even believed Angel is his daughter. Oh God I knew nothing about him and he never showed any signs of love towards me. But still... how could I.. how stupid am I?

I went and knocked the study room door and waited for few seconds before opening it. Harry and Caleb is there inside. Good. I thought to myself. The way they are looking at me I know they were discussing about the current problem.. me...

Without any introduction I asked directly to Caleb "how can I fix this?"

From his reaction I know they did not except this from me. I continued " I made a mistake and I am sorry. I want to fix this at the earliest. I am ready to sign the divorce agreement right away. Please tell me when. I will sign and be out of this house today itself"

"You think it is that easy to fix a life you destroyed?" It was Harry. I couldn't even look him in the eye. I know if I look him in the eyes for a moment this facade I am keeping will be revealed. I don't want him to know how much heart broken I am.

"It's not that easy, Nina. You will not be able to divorce next day of the marriage. There's some procedures for that. As you are willingly agreeing for it I will take care of it and let you both know." Caleb said.

"Sure Caleb. I will move out of the house today itself. I don't want to be a trouble for anyone anymore. I am sincerely sorry for whatever happened." I said without looking into Harry's face.

"So what should I tell to my mother. She believes that her son is happily married to the love of his life. Do you want to destroy the happiness of a dying lady. Are you that cruel?"

"No. I didn't think about it. I am sorry." Tears started forming in my eyes and I wanted to get out of that room immediately. Avoiding them I moved to the door.

"Wait". I stopped near the door holding the handle listening to Harry's voice. "If you really wants to help you can by explaining everything to one person. Go get ready. We are going out." I nodded my head and opened the door hurriedly and went out. I was leaning on the door of our room and Caleb came to me.

"You know where he is taking you"

"I can guess. I owe him. I am ready to help him whichever way I can to get his happiness back."

"I don't believe now that you married him for money. Why don't you try to work on this marriage. I don't know much about you. But I am sure that the happiness he is seeking is not with her. Just think about it." He said and went downstairs.