chapter three

BOYFRIEND - ARIANA GRANDE
"you ain't my boyfriend, and i ain't your girlfriend. but you don't want me to see nobody else"

IT WAS THE next day and they were at the gym

IT WAS THE next day and they were at the gym. cam was with the team he assembled practicing. aria was on the other side by herself practicing her shots, she had been upset all morning because cam told her that they had to postpone creating a girls team. no one dared to talk to her, knowing her replies wouldn't come out too nice.

since she was by herself, she was alone with her thoughts. to take her mind off the news she received, she thought about a conversation she had with her best friend last night.

flashback ...

reagan and aria were on facetime just talking about anything that came to mind. they talked about a boy that reagan liked, she told her sister all about him. and after, she insisted to know about arias love life to which she denied even having one. " well what about nelson, i've seen some videos." she asked like it was obvious . "idk, he has me confused, like c'mon bro do you like me or not"

"ari he definitely likes you and you know it. you're basically his and he's basically yours" she said sternly, almost like how arias mother would talk.

she looked at her weirdly ,"he's not mine and i'm not his, but i'd like for us to be."

"exactly, so what are you waiting for"

" him."

end of flashback...

she decided that she wasn't gonna force anything, and that she was gonna let nelson make the first move whenever he wanted to, if he even wanted to. she was finally feeling better when cam called her to follow them to a room.

she sat down between nelson and eli, as cam walked to the front of the "classroom" and started talking, she tuned it all out though. thinking about the boy next to her.

aria watched as the team got 3 techs for dunking , she shook her head disappointedly, the game hasn't even started yet.

she sat down between romelo (let's pretend he's at this tournament) and nelson, the other team shot their technical free throws and the game was barely starting.

"how are you after the whole, girls basketball team thing?" romelo asked from beside her, she sighed looking at him , "i'm still a little disappointed, i was ready to prove myself but i'll be okay" nelson eavesdropped on their conversation and grabbed arias hand, she didn't say anything and just held his hand back.

"That's good , hey do you think I can get ur number , i wanna stay in touch with everyone after the tournament ends yk?" nelson side eyed him this time, aria saw she didn't know why he did, she thought romelo was chill. " yea for sure" she took out her phone and handed it to him , he typed in his number before giving it back to her . the rest of the game , well only the 1 and 3 quarter when he wasn't playing , they talked and became good friends . nelson eventually got tired of it and got up to go stand next to cam.

"i'm not trying to be disrespectful in anyway but does your friend reagan have a boyfriend?" romelo asked the blonde girl who smiled remembering the convo with reagan last night, "no she doesn't." romelo smiled then looked at the court. aria was rooting for the two.

aria noticed how nelson was avoiding her a little bit and it hurt.

but atleast they won..