chapter twelve

WHITE FERRARI - FRANK OCEAN
"i care for you still and i will forever, that was my part of the deal, honest we got so familiar"

WHITE FERRARI - FRANK OCEAN"i care for you still and i will forever, that was my part of the deal, honest we got so familiar"

14 days after the breakup...

IT HAD BEEN 2 weeks since the flag football game. today was the day of avery's birthday. nelson and his family were coming for dinner, then avery's friends would come for the party.
aria was nervous, but she knew that she was going good.

she got ready, and went downstairs to greet everyone. more people came with time, she sat on her couch after a while with some sweet tea.

"cassie!" avery exclaimed from the entryway, aria froze for a second . it was time to see him . she got up , making her way towards the door , there he was . they made eye contact , he smiled at her , she gave a no teeth smile in return . she hugged cassie , then went to hug niles and noah . lastly , she got to him . he pulled her in for a tight hug , genuine happiness was on his face . he didn't even look nervous or sad . their familes watched , sharing smirks . aria pulled away quickly and went to hug other family that had shown up , nelson watched her for a little but soon walked to the living room sitting on the couch . he noticed arias sweet tea on the coffee table and smiled . soon she came back to her original seat .

nelson looked at her , "so how have you been" aria side eyed him . not because she was weirded out but because she was surprised with how not awkward he is . "good , and you ?" , he nodded . readjusting on the coach "good , are you excited for la" her face lit up with a smile , causing him to smile staring at her . " yes i can't wait" her eyes difted upward , almost like she was imagining what la would be like . " so are we gonna talk about us" she side eyed him again. "are we ? it's up to you" she shrugged , she grabbed her sweet tea taking a big sip . "im ready if you are" . " are you sure 2 weeks was enough?" he gave her a look "duh more then enough" . nelson moved to sit next to her , he gently grabbed her face and kissed her . he pulled away squealing like a little girl "i've been waiting for that" . she laughed going in for another kiss . well that wasn't complicated at all . aria thought .

everyone headed outside to sing happy birthday to avery, aria and nelson spent some time on the couch just talking about what's happened during their break. nelson was sad because of how aria was during that time.

"happy birthday to youuu" all the guests clapped as they finished singing . katelyn cut the cake , nelson & aria got a piece to share . they walked back inside , sitting down at the table . aria with a new glass of tea .

"so what happened to that bitchmade boy tyler?" aria turned to him , holding back a laugh, she shrugged , "i blocked him , so did austin. mom said if i don't want him here then he can't come" nelson nodded relieved . "good , you should've seen him at the game . did anyone ever tell u what he said?" aria shook her head , unable to speak cause her mouth was filled with cake . " tell me why he's wearing a shirt for you right , i ask him where he got it , he turns to me and says before you got here" nelson mocks the boy , rolling his eyes . he was still mad about everything that went down . "hell no that's weird , especially cause no one asked him to . if we wanted him to a wear a shirt for me , my mom would've made him one"