014. Louria Between the Three Fronts

Oh wow, this is unreal! 155 favs, average rating of 7,65, and on top of that, the overall rating has somehow climbed to 415 points...!? And to top it off, it's breaking into the daily ranking at 21st place...! How did this even happen...!?

And when you look at it in terms of overall ratings, my work has broken into the top 10... and everyone around is like a famous veteran... ((( ;゚Д))) I'm beyond honored! Thank you all so much!

Thank you ガウリイ, ライマ, and EF-2000, for giving an 8, and thank you 順順 for giving a 9, and mugen and GUNPEI for bumping it up from 7 to 8!! Also, to everyone who added it to their favorites, and to 晶彦, who always helps with typo reports, thank you!

The campaign against Louria is reaching its final stage. I'm considering what the future setup should be. For now, I'll make sure to finish the Lourian campaign within this year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 6 Month 5 Year 1639 Central Calendar, 06:00

Jin-Hark, Kingdom of Louria

At this moment, a state of high alert was declared in the city in the name of King Hark Louria XXXIV. The triple-layered walls had all their gates closed, completely prohibiting the movement of people, while shields against arrows and catapults lined the top of the walls, and armed soldiers remained on guard 24 hours a day. Even within the city, there were no citizens strolling through the parks or shopping streets, with most shops closed, although it was partly due to being still early in the morning. If one could climb these walls now, they would see from Jin-Hark, towards the east, plumes of black smoke rising. Occasionally, the sharp sound of sirens and distant explosions could be heard. That direction led to Beazul, the largest industrial city in the Kingdom of Louria.

While the citizens weren't officially informed, they were beginning to learn what was happening outside Jin-Hark, in the Kingdom of Louria. The upper echelons, including the king, were fully aware of the situation. Currently, the fate of Beazul was hanging by a thread.

. . .

Yesterday, on Day 5 Month 5, the invading army of 20.000 from the Principality of Qua-Toyne launched a full-scale assault on the small town of Jorg, located 2 km north of Beazul. The defending force in Jorg numbered only 3.000, and although about 5.000 residents had been evacuated as much as possible, when the attack began, only 50 people were left to complete the evacuation, resulting in them being caught in the crossfire.

The garrison at Jorg decided to make the town their last stand and attempted a desperate resistance. After two hours of intense fighting, they managed to inflict around a hundred casualties on the invading Qua-Toynian forces, the largest losses suffered by the Principality since their offensive against Louria began.

However, the overwhelming difference in numbers, 3.000 against 20.000, coupled with the fact that nearly half of the invading force was armed with bolt-action rifles and machine guns, rendered the traditional Lourian army, equipped with armor, spears, swords, and bows, unable to effectively counterattack. Thus, after two hours of battle, Jorg fell. All 3.000 defenders perished in a last stand, along with about 30 civilians caught in the crossfire.

The enemy forces that captured Jorg, as night was falling, took advantage of the town's buildings for overnight encampment. Seeing this as an opportunity, the defenders of Beazul sent 8.000 cavalry and infantry for a surprise attack during the night. However, the commander of the Qua-Toynian forces, Sakai, had long anticipated that the enemy would launch a night assault. His troops were prepared, with their guns aimed in all directions, including toward Beazul. As a result, the Lourian forces' plan was quickly thwarted, with most of them being mowed down by Type 96 light machine guns, Type 38 rifles, and Type 89 grenade dischargers, resulting in almost total annihilation. Only a few hundred managed to retreat back to Beedle alive.