018. An Incredible Find

Wow, my favs have reached 229...! Thank you all so much!

I'm sorry, but from here on out, the cheating at Tawi-Tawi Anchorage will accelerate. Also, thinking about future developments, I've tweaked the tags a bit. Specifically, I've changed "Banzai Edition" to "Banzai Charge," and I've added a new tag, "Magical Modification."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 Month 6 Year 1639 Central Calendar

Tawi-Tawi Anchorage

Following the conclusion of the Principality of Qua-Toyne and the Kingdom of Quila's war against the Kingdom of Louria, Tawi-Tawi Anchorage had returned to its usual routine. However, since Louria was only at a medieval level of development in Earth's history, although officially in a state of war, it felt more like a large-scale exercise.

Today, numerous shipgirls and fairies were conducting exercises. On land, the sound of artillery echoed across the training grounds, while at sea, the 2nd Destroyer Squadron, also known as the "Devilish Second," demonstrated flawless fleet maneuvers, and fighter squadrons performed intricate maneuvers in simulated aerial combat. The aviation corps seemed to be rigorously training themselves to prepare the newly enlisted Rodenian recruits.

By now, the first ship of the Wink-class gunboats, the Wink, should have been completed and engaged in exercises with the Quilan sailors aboard, along with the destroyer Minazuki off the coast of the same country. Meanwhile, at the Dytal Base in Qua-Toyne, the aerial demon (Rudel) designated as a "training instructor for new recruits" was probably conducting lectures and practical exercises on dive bombing as a form of punishment.

In a corner of Tawi-Tawi Anchorage, Sakai was receiving a lecture from the battleship girl Nagato.

"Admiral, when will you finally get organized? I've been concerned about this for a while... There's no sign of you getting organized at all."

"Oh, Nagato, sorry about that. I'm just not good at organizing things."

While Sakai excelled in devising strategies and commanding units, his administrative skills were catastrophically lacking. His inability to tidy up his desk alone was a testament to this fact. Yamato once joked that "the Admiral is just a decoration from the neck down," which caused Maya to burst into laughter, but it was a surprisingly accurate depiction. It was a joke that was anything but funny. Until Nagato helped out, Sakai's desk was buried under a mountain of documents, enough to build a pyramid. Now, with many documents cleared away, the surface of the desk was finally becoming visible.

"Well, I think I can manage the rest from here. Sorry, Nagato, could you also check on the equipment inventory? The list is here."

"Absolutely hopeless, aren't you?"

Half in exasperation, Nagato left the room with the equipment list.

. . .

Thirty minutes later, at the equipment warehouse of Tawi-Tawi Anchorage...

"Let's see, this should be the list... ah, I see, so this is it."

While staring at the list, Nagato was checking the equipment.

"These are... aircraft to be sold to Qua-Toyne and Quila."

Before Nagato were numerous aircraft: A6M Zero Model 21 fighters, B5N torpedo bombers, D3A dive bombers, and some A6M Zero Model 32 fighters mixed in. After the end of the war against Louria, a large-scale bauxite mine was discovered within Louria's territory. At last, Sakai's long-standing issue of securing a source for bauxite procurement was resolved. Consequently, the replenishment and mass production of aircraft became possible, and the deployment of outdated aircraft to Qua-Toyne and Quila began. However, these aircraft were intended to serve as trainers and were scheduled to be gradually replaced by the main models such as the B6N Tenzan, D4Y Suisei, and A6M Zero Model 52.