chapter ten

khamyri a'lesia koltonFriday | September 27th

Friday | September 27th

"chill out lil mama you making your mommy tired." jhyzir lowly spoke being face to face with my stomach while he rubbed it in small circles.

the light flutters stopped once bean heard his voice, he'd been talking to her all day since he picked me up earlier this morning to go house hunting with him & we made it home an hour ago.

We are currently laying in bed at my aunts house with mari sleeping between us. "she know who her daddy is," he smiled ear to ear which warmed my heart.

I forgave jhyzir, but we are taking baby steps and decided to just co-parent for our kids. "i can't believe you leaving tomorrow. ima miss y'all." jhyzir looked up at me.

"it's been fun, but i have school and mari has daycare." i sigh, my eyes drifting shut.

"go to sleep, stop tryna fight yo sleep." jhyzir chuckled, i nod & a yawn slips out.

"can you stay with me?" I frown & he nods moving mari to the end of the bed and pulls me closer to him. I get comfortable in his arms and fall asleep within minutes.

- hours later -
9:55 pm

i woke up out of my sleep & looked around for jhyzir, but he was nowhere to be found. I frown at the thought of him slipping away into the night. I grab my phone from the nightstand & dial his number it rings a few times before going to voicemail.

i hang up and call him back.

he picks up on the fifth ring, "where did you go? i woke up and you weren't nowhere to be found."

"my fault, i got a call and didn't wanna wake you and mari up. im on my way back to y'all."

"ok. be safe & drive slow. i know how you get omiri." i warn before hearing him curse and a loud popping sound in a near distance.

the connection drops & my heart starts to race. I exhale steady deep breaths counting to ten. I cup the lower part of my bump that grew overnight.

"he is ok, he has to be ok." i repeat trying to control my anxiety before it got the best of me.

my bedroom door creaked open and a shadow appeared in the doorway, "i told you I'd be back." he chuckled and i relaxed.

"you scared the hell out of me" i frown pushing him as he tried to hug me.

"khamyri, im not going anywhere anytime soon. im right here mamas." he smiled, pecking my lips.

"I know, but still that was extremely scary. im glad you're ok." i softly smile wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled away, removing his shirt, shoes and pants before climbing into the bed. He pulled me on top of him and i fell back to sleep soon after i heard his light snores.

- the next day -

"ima see you soon son, go to your mommy." jhyzir sighed rocking a crying mari in his arms.

"no! i want to stay with you daddy." mari cried clinging to jhyzir's hoodie. It was a rainy morning and our flight boards at 11am and it's currently 8:45am.

"mari you'll see dada in two weeks, okay." i groan feeling bad for ripping him away from his dad.

"promise"

"i promise son. go with your mommy ok. i love you big boy." jhyzir wiped his tears away and we gave each other a hug before me and mari headed to our gate.

we slept the entire flight back to houston. i got my car and drove to my house. "mommy, I'm hungry" mari rubbed his right eye as he woke up from his sleep.

"what do you want to eat baby?"

Mari thought about it for a few seconds, "can we make burritos!" he happily spoke, i laughed nodding my head.

I pull into the parking lot of Whole Foods, find the reserved parking for expected moms or moms with toddlers and turn the car off.

"Whole Foods!" Mari happily says, unbuckling his car seat. I get out of the drivers side and help him out of the car, we walk hand in hand into Whole Foods and i grab a cart.

I pick mari up and place him inside of the cart, "oh, boy! You getting heavy. Mommy can't be lifting you up like this no more." i exhale deeply pushing the cart through the entrance.

my phone vibrates in my pocket, i take it out and smile at the caller id. "hello, stranger"

"wassup pretty girl, you back in town?" Xho smirked as the FaceTime connected.

"yeah, I'm at Whole Foods cause mari wants to make burritos tonight." I inform.

Xho nods, "i miss you & want to see you. Can i come over later tonight after work?"

"I'd like that & i missed you too." i try to hid my red hot cheeks.

"it's a date. see you tonight." he smiles showcasing his pearly whites, i nod and end the call. Xho is the first person Sinclaire introduced me to my second week here, we instantly clicked and have been taking things slow.

He knows that I'm pregnant and i have a son, but i haven't introduced the two of them yet until i know it is something serious.

Once i got everything that i needed and some things i didn't, i paid and went home to start dinner.

a/n:

Khamyri has a new potential beau 😮‍💨👀

could things be serious or just for fun 😌 we'll see soon...

thoughts?

05/02/2024