Chapter 58

Jason's POV

" You didn't have to be so brutal..." Lucas let out, and I rolled my eyes.

'' Helena, is the cause of my problem, so I can talk to her however I like, she should be happy that I am doing her a favour by marrying her, desperate ass,'' I let out, and Lucas shook his head

We were heading to the living room, when my father's aide stopped us, saying.

"Your brother and father are waiting for you in your study,''

'' Do you I have to go?'' I asked.

'' Your father insisted,'' the aide answered, with a frown Lucas and I made our way to my study. Despite my reluctance to face my brother, I knew I didn't have much of a choice.

So as soon as I entered, Jace hurried over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"My Brother, it's good to see you, I missed you," Jace greeted me warmly, as he pulled away his gaze over me.

'' Goodness you have lost weight are you sure you are eating well,'' Jace asked, and I could sense the mocking tone in his words. but it didn't faze me, I knew my brother Jace, and I knew what to accept from him. so I just rolled my eyes and drifted my gaze to my Dad.

" I am here Dad, you wanted to see me, what do you want," I interjected, ignoring my brother's words.

"Come on, Jason, it's been years. You can't still can't be mad at me," Jace urged, his tone pleading.

"Yes, Jason, you can't still be angry. forgive your brother, and hug him, you haven't seen him in years, what do I always tell you, family should be important to you," my father chimed in, and with reluctance, I complied.

"Done, can I go now?" I asked, eager to leave before I did something stupid.

"No, show your little brother around. Introduce him to all the staff. He's been gone for quite a long time," my father insisted. I was about to protest, but Lucas stepped in, halting me in my tracks.

"I'll make sure Jason shows him around. Don't worry, Boss," Lucas assured, his tone confident.

"Good, I have a meeting to attend. I'll see you boys soon," my father announced before exiting with his aide. As soon as he left, Jace burst out laughing.

"Goodness, I'm such a good actor," Jace remarked, rolling his eyes as he made his way to the drink stand, pouring himself a glass of whiskey.

"Oh, Jason, I can see even after so many years you're still full of yourself," he laughed mockingly. "Anyways, congratulations on your engagement.

''Marrying another woman, who would not love you,'' Jace laughed.

Jace's laughter grated on my nerves, but I maintained a composed facade, refusing to let him see how much his presence affected me. Instead, I gestured for him to follow me as we began the tour of the estate.

As we walked through the grand halls, Jace's arrogance was palpable, his comments laced with thinly veiled jabs at my leadership and status within the family. Each word he spoke only served to fuel the simmering tension between us.

"Brother, I must say, you've done quite well for yourself in my absence," Jace remarked, a smirk playing on his lips as he surveyed the opulent surroundings.

"Save your flattery, Jace. I do not buy it," I retorted, my voice cold and devoid of any warmth.

Jace's smirk widened, his eyes glinting with amusement. "Oh, come now, Jason. Can't a brother simply express his admiration for his sibling's accomplishments?"

I ignored his comment, leading him through the various rooms of the estate with brisk efficiency. With each passing moment, I could feel the weight of his presence bearing down on me, a constant reminder of the turmoil that had plagued our family for years.

As we approached the pool area, I tensed, knowing that Emily and Aurora would be nearby. Sure enough, as we rounded the corner, I caught sight of Emily emerging from the pool, Aurora cradled in her arms.

The shock on Jace's face was palpable, his features contorting with disbelief as he stared at Emily as if he'd seen a ghost. For a moment, the air seemed to crackle with tension, the unspoken question hanging between us.

"That's not Amara... No, it can't be. Amara is dead," Jace murmured, his voice barely above a whisper as he struggled to comprehend what he was seeing.

"That's not Amara?" Lucas interjected before I could stop him.

Jace's gaze snapped to Lucas, his eyes narrowing with suspicion. "Then who is that woman that looks exactly like her?" he demanded, his voice tinged with urgency.

" It is none of your business, Jace," I growled, stepping in to diffuse the situation before it escalated further.

But Lucas couldn't help himself. "Emily. She's Aurora's nanny," he blurted out, his words hanging in the air like a weighty confession.

"Emily," Jace repeated, a smirk slowly spreading across his lips as he processed the information.

"Why don't I go and introduce myself? You know Dad wants me to meet the staff of the house," Jace suggested, a mischievous glint in his eyes that set off alarm bells in my mind.

I moved to intercept him, my voice a low warning as I spoke. "Stay away from her, Jace, before I forget that we do not hurt family. I wouldn't want to repeat myself."

Jace's smirk widened, his gaze locking with mine in a silent challenge. "I am sorry, dear brother. I do not answer to you.

As Jace's smirk lingered, a familiar knot of frustration tightened in my chest. Before I could react, he took a step forward, his gaze fixated on Emily with unsettling intensity, that I didn't like at all.