29.beg for it.

Mayura's pov:

As we pulled up to the palace, I could feel a sense of trepidation wash over me. Abhimaan's grip on my hand tightened, and I knew he was trying to offer me support and comfort.

When we got out of the car, the servants informed us that my father and brother were waiting for me in the living room. Abhimaan's expression turned icy, his eyes flashing with anger.

"Stay close to me," he whispered, his voice low and even.

He held my hand gently, helping me out of the car, but never leaving my side. His touch was reassuring, and I felt a sense of gratitude towards him for being there for me.

As we walked towards the palace, Abhimaan's stride was purposeful, his long legs eating up the distance. I had to quicken my pace to keep up with him, my heart racing with anticipation.

When we entered the living room, my father and brother were sitting on the couch, their faces stern and disapproving. Abhimaan's grip on my hand tightened, and I knew he was ready to defend me against whatever they might say or do.

"Mayura, you need to explain yourself," my father said, his voice cold and detached.

Abhimaan's anger was palpable, his eyes blazing with fury. "She doesn't need to explain anything to you," he growled, his voice low and menacing.

I felt a surge of admiration for Abhimaan, for standing up for me like this. He was my rock, my protector, and I knew I could count on him no matter what.

"But Mayura, you need to come back with us," my father said, his voice firm but laced with a hint of desperation. "This marriage doesn't exist. It's a sham, a political arrangement that's no longer needed."

Abhimaan remained silent, his eyes fixed on me, his expression unreadable. But his grip on my hand tightened, as if he was willing me to stay.

"Mayura, come on," my brother added, his voice sneering. "You don't belong here. You're one of us, not some royal pawn."

Abhimaan finally spoke up, his voice low and commanding. "Jaana , come with me."

He led me to the throne sofa, and I sat down, feeling a sense of trepidation. Abhimaan knelt down in front of me, his eyes locked on mine.

"Do you want to go back to them?" he asked, his voice gentle but firm.

I quickly shook my head, my anger with him momentarily forgotten. "No, I won't leave you. You're my husband, my home."

Abhimaan's face softened, and he took my hand in his. "You're my wife, my queen. And I won't let anyone take you away from me."

Abhimaan stood up, his tall frame towering over my father and brother. His eyes flashed with anger, and his voice was commanding.

"Enough!" he thundered, his hand still holding mine. "Mayura is mine now. mere pyaar ko kisi ki ijaazat ki zaroorat nahi hai. (my love doesn't need any validation.)"

He pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "Do it," he talked into the phone, his voice firm. He cut the call and turned to my father and brother.

"Yes, I married her for that deal, but now she's my wife. Tumne kaha , iss shaadi ka wajood nahin hai, toh main dobara se shaadi karunga, saari duniya ke saamne. (You say this marriage doesn't exist, then I'll marry her again, in front of the whole world.)"

His eyes locked on mine, and I saw fierce love and possessiveness in them. "Let the world know that this Abhimaan Deep Shekhawat belongs to her. Just like she belongs to me.

My father and brother looked taken aback by Abhimaan's fierce declaration. They knew they were no match for him, and they backed down, their tails between their legs.

Mayura's father , tried to threaten him, but Abhimaan remained unfazed. "You're forgetting who you're talking to, father," he said, his voice firm.

Her brother, stepped forward, placing a hand on their father's shoulder. "Enough, father. Let it go."

Abhimaan nodded, his eyes never leaving mine. "Jaana , turn on the TV, please."

I picked up the remote and switched on the TV, wondering what Abhimaan was up to. The news channel flickered to life, and the anchor's voice filled the room.

"Breaking news: King Abhimaan Deep Shekhawat of Rajasthan has announced his plans to marry again, officially, in front of the whole world. And the lucky bride is none other than Miss Mayura Maity, daughter of Maity Corps' owner."

I gasped, my eyes fixed on the screen as the anchor continued.

"According to sources close to the royal family, King Abhimaan has declared that this marriage has nothing to do with her father's company. He has simply fallen in love with Miss Mayura and wishes to make her his queen."

The camera cut to a live shot of Abhimaan, standing outside the palace, addressing the media.

"I want to make it clear that my marriage to Mayura is a perfect match, pure and simple. I'm not interested in the Maity Corps or any political gain. I just want to spend the rest of my life with the woman I adore ."

I felt a surge of happiness and pride, knowing that Abhimaan was willing to defy convention and tradition for me.

As my father and brother left the palace, I felt a mix of emotions. I was happy that Abhimaan was finally doing things right, after all the mistakes he had made in the beginning. But I was still angry with him, and I wasn't ready to forgive him just yet.

Abhimaan seemed to sense my mood, and he approached me cautiously. "Mayura, I know I hurt you, and I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

I turned to him, my eyes flashing with anger. "You're sorry? You're sorry for using me as a pawn in your game, for marrying me without my consent, for not even asking me if I wanted to be your queen?"

Abhimaan looked taken aback by my outburst, but I didn't care. I was still hurting from his past actions, and I wanted him to know it.

"You want forgiveness? You're going to have to beg for it," I said, my voice firm.

Abhimaan nodded, his eyes filled with determination. "I'll do whatever it takes, Jaana . I'll beg, I'll plead, I'll do anything to make it right between us."

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued by his willingness to grovel. "Good. Because I'm not going to make it easy for you."

With that, I turned and walked away, leaving Abhimaan to follow me. I could feel his eyes on me, burning with desire and regret. And I knew that I had him right where I wanted him.